Use TV as Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojha_riddhish

Broken In
Dear friends,
I want to experiment connecting my TV with CPU and I don't know anything. I have a Compaq Presario SR1702IL PC with an MSI Amethyst-M mobo with onboard ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics. This mobo has only one output VGA port. I don't have a graphic card. I have a Panasonic TC-20E11N tv. It's a 2000 model, very old for sure. It has the normal cable port, dunno what it's called and the composite a/v port for DVD players. I also have a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-1100 tv tuner card, if it is helpful in my endeavour.

I want to direct my video output to the TV. I have seen it happen so it is possible. But I don't know if it's possible with my configuration. Is it? Please guide me, as I know nothing. What would I need? The audio / video output will be good or not?

Thanks in advance!

clmlbx

Technomancer
as u say u have vga output then I think you just need this

*i44.tinypic.com/2rqfzgx.jpg

OP
O

ojha_riddhish

Broken In
thanks mate for response, but what it's called? VGA-to-Composite cable OR VGA-to-Cable converter. And what will it cost, if you know the price? Thanks in advance.

clmlbx

Technomancer
I don't know what it is said but u can try " vga to tv ".. I don't know the price...

you can look out for converter too.. they come in box size ... extra thing in it is that it can work vice versa too.

OP
O

ojha_riddhish

Broken In
Oh splendid, thanks once again. I think that converter will be a good option. Thanks! I am going to find it here in home town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom