USB <-> Serial cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack// ani

In the zone
Hi,

What is price of USB <-> Serial converter cable in Delhi?? Does is comes with some drivers....to emulate serial port on the machine??

thanks

legolas

Padawan
i think u r speaking of hardware. y do u want to emulate? usb to serial converters are available. i got one along with my microsoft usb mouse. i guess the max. price shud not be greater than 100 or so. no software or driver is necessary. the functions of usb are converted to that of serial port so that corresponding ack and signallingstuffs are made.

/legolas

OP
J

jack// ani

In the zone
Well...I mean to say if I've and a 9pin rs232 serial modem, and no more serial port left on the board. I may this converter to connect the modem....but the driver of the modem is intended for serial port. So how it would recognize...that the modem is connected to the usb port??

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
its all data flow control dependent....need not make take any drivers for that....(i guess)....just plug n play...

cheers

OP
J

jack// ani

In the zone
But how will that be possible....will the modem then be autodetected and installed even if windows have no drivers for it....

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
you get the BAFO serial-usb cable for around 200-400 depending upon the place.. it works with windows/mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom