USB pen drive problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_player

Broken In
Hello ,

I have 3 questions :
1> I have Transcend 1GB JV30 USB pen drive . After installing Win XP SP2 my pen drive does not seem to get detected.
Prior to SP2 installation , my drive used to function normally.
My Computer does not show the removable disk drive ;therefore I cannot read my drive contents ; but my drive LED flashes . Also an icon appears on my system tray (this is the "Safely Remove hardware " icon ).

Also I can stop the drive normally , as one does .

At my office where I work , my drive gets detected normally , and functions perfectly.

What could the problem be ? I tried reinstalling Win XP SP2 and the motherboard drivers , but in vain . :-(

Someone Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeee help.

2> My friend purchased the same drive , he has another problem :
His system is a brand new system of Compaq Dual core 2 , ticking @ 2.80Ghz and 256MB RAM . His drive gets detected properly , but he cannot Remove the Hardware , when he attempts to do so , Windows flashes the message "The device Generic Volume cannot be removed now . Try removing the device later".

If he has to remove the drive , he has to shutdown the system first , after which his drive LED goes OFF and he can remove the drive.
His drive detects and functions normally at his office. What could be the problem ?

3> One more friend of mine has Mercury 845GL mainboard with P4 ticking @ 1.7GHz , 512MB DDR Transcend memory . Does his system have USB 2.0 port , and is it compatible with Transcend JFV301GB pen drive ?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
3. Yes. 810+ motherboards all have had USB 2.0 support.

2. Haven't seen a C2D machine running on a 256 MB ;) But that ain't the issue, just a comment. Looks like explorer hangs contacting the device and thus is busy, hmm, tried all ports? [Applies to 1 as well]

1. Under Device Manager, does it show a JetFlash model? Also try using X:/ [X is the guessed drive letter] and see if it really interfaces and just doesnt show up under MyComputer.

OP
the_player

the_player

Broken In
1. Yes , under the device manager it does show JetFlash model as you mentioned . Can you please tell me how to use and interface X:/ as I don't know how to do it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom