Usb mp3 player malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillnow

Broken In
I have a transcend usb mp3 player. t.sonic -610 1 gb, It used to work perfectly fine.. and my vista basic used to read it. however after probably not 'safely removing' once or twice.. it has stopped being read by my computer. it now says unknown drive. i tried to update the firmware with the software in the cd given.. but even that dosent detect the device. Also my player functions perfectly otherwise, charges and shows the ''data transfer' screen on it while connected..
do i have any remedy for this?

ps. i tried it other computers and securing the needed driver files.

Nav11aug

In the zone
when u remove a USB device 'unsafe'ly ..u r screwing up the power circuit... so ... i think uve messed up... contact Transcend

OP
C

chillnow

Broken In
Iv registered with them on their website.. transcendusa.com... I wonder if they have any representations in India..? i dont have any contact no.s...
Im in Jodhpur rite now.. :(

sashijoseph

In the zone
With the recovery software from the tsonic cd installed,press the play\pause button and hold it when you connect the 610 to the usb port.After a few seconds a dialogue should pop up indicating a device found in recovery mode or sth.If it comes up you're in luck and should allow you to reinstall the firmware.If not,then try contacting your dealer for warranty.AFAIK the online registration doesn't help(for us Indians).

OP
C

chillnow

Broken In
i dont knw abt the recovery software.. i think u mean the firmware update thing.. ya i tried dint work, thnks anyways. i bought it from nehru place.. that big shop which sells everythin.. cash to cash..somethin like that, delhites will know.. sigh.. will go in nov. but i believe they dont do the warranty service..they just give a bill and u have to approach the transcend ppl wid the bill and warranty card.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
my ipod had the same problem. They wld have replaced it as well(but didn't due to my stupidity). If its within warranty, ten they should replace it . Don;'t go telling them abt this safely remove thing. It will only give them a bahana.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
even i have a prob with same player. after around 30 secs of switching on, it shuts off. battery fully charged and always safely removed

jatt

In the zone
i have a mp4 player but shows format error on some songs i have check the bit rate of that songs its same as another which are well played but i could't understand whats it please help me out if anyone experiences same problem here thanks in advance

OP
C

chillnow

Broken In
ya they do and it dint help... most probably my mp3 player has an hardware problem.. and transcend do not exist in india.

digiFriend

In the zone
jatt said:
i have a mp4 player but shows format error on some songs i have check the bit rate of that songs its same as another which are well played but i could't understand whats it please help me out if anyone experiences same problem here thanks in advance

if it is cheap chinese made then read the thread on this forum.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63887&highlight=flash+format+only

Check the following link.
*mympxplayer.org/how-to-removi...ck-vt2400.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom