USB controller not working on DG965RY

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
My uncle recently bought a new system with the following configuration. Well, thanks to Pathik for the configuration, we got it easily ;)

Intel C2D 1.86Ghz @ 1066Mhz FSB
Intel DG965RY motherboard
160GB Seagate SATA II
2X512MB Transcend DDR2 @ 667Mhz

The rest is usual like DVD writer, keyboard, mouse, etc.

The problem is, the system is not able to install the USB drivers for the motherboard. Installed XP SP2 and all the drivers available on the CD given with the motherboard, but it still refuses to work :( Mouse also doesn't work in USB mode, so fixed it to PS/2 with the connection which came along. Here's a snapshot as to what is happening
*tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6exb52q

Could anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

No! The USB mouse was working fine until I installed SP2. Then, it stopped working, so I had to switch it to PS/2. Now what?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
That's strange I have the same motherboard & processor & I didn't even have to do anything additional to get the USB drivers installed.It was just autorun the Disc & let it install all the necessary drivers & pump a manual restart.

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

now, this is something. The USB ports work absolutely fine on Linux. I'll again check with the drivers on the site and compare it. If its the latest, I'll download and install. If not, I hope a reinstall might do the job. I hope!!

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

Well, I found a fix for this problem. I just rolled back the drivers for the USB ports only and its working fine now :)

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hi phreak0utt

Check the link below.
*downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_re...XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!

I bet that the 2007 drivers might have not come with the bunduled cd that came with the motherboard. Download the chipset drivers.

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

Thanks a lot dj. I didn't know that the drivers could be old as I thought that the board was the very latest one. Gracias again senor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom