Urgently need a pc configuration for 35 k

Rahber kakvi

Broken In
Guys I want to start a wedding video editing work so I need your help to build my computer.
It's going to be my first computer and I do't know much about this please help me.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
answer these

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

welcome to tdf. Please read the forum rules.

OP
R

Rahber kakvi

Broken In
Guys I want to start a wedding video editing work so I need your help to build my computer.
It's going to be my first computer and I do't know much about this please help me.

1.What is the purpose of the computer?and what all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans-wedding video editing pic editing net surfing music movies.
2.What is your over all budget?if you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration,then mention this too?
Ans-35k I can extend my budget to 1 or 2 k strictly. 3.Planning to overlock?
Ans-no
4.which operating system are you planning to use?
Ans-Window 7 or preffer a advice on it from you.
5.how much hard drive space is needed?
Ans-1tb
6.do you want to buy a monitor?if yes please mention which screen size and resolution do you want?
Ans-over 20 inch hd.
7.which components you don't want to buy or which components you already have and planning to reuse it?
Ans-I have nothing I have to buy everything.
8.have you ever built a desktop before or Will this be done by assembler?
Ans-by assembler.
9.when are you planning to buy the system?
Ans-as soon as final the configuration.
10.where do you live?are you buying locally?
Ans-patna will buy locally.
11.anything else you would like to say?
Ans-I want a latest processor from intel motherboard from assus a good cabinet apart from that also I want to know about software for video editing.

Cilus

laborare est orare
At your budget, for Video editing, you have to opt for an AMD Processor and 6 Core FX-6300 is your best choice.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
1.What is the purpose of the computer?and what all applications and games are you going to run?

Ans-wedding video editing pic editing net surfing music movies.

2.What is your over all budget?if you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration,then mention this too?

Ans-35k I can extend my budget to 1 or 2 k strictly.
3.Planning to overlock?
Ans-no
4.which operating system are you planning to use?

Ans-Window 7 or preffer a advice on it from you.

5.how much hard drive space is needed?
Ans-1tb
6.do you want to buy a monitor?if yes please mention which screen size and resolution do you want?

Ans-over 20 inch hd.
7.which components you don't want to buy or which components you already have and planning to reuse it?

Ans-I have nothing I have to buy everything.

8.have you ever built a desktop before or Will this be done by assembler?
Ans-by assembler.

9.when are you planning to buy the system?

Ans-as soon as final the configuration.

10.where do you live?are you buying locally?

Ans-patna will buy locally.

11.anything else you would like to say?

Ans-I want a latest processor from intel motherboard from assus a good cabinet apart from that also I want to know about software for video editing.

OP i am from Ranchi and nice to meet you as i don't see many people from Bihar and Jharkhand here :p
"The latest processor from Intel and motherboard from ASUS" this is bulls*#t there are better alternatives for you to go for. And as i don't know where video editing requires a GPU or not, i have two rigs for you.

Get this rig(if you want a GPU) -
AMD FX 6300 (7.5k)
Gigabyte 970A DS3P(5.5k)
Kingston HyperXBlu 4GB(2.7k)
Antec 450p(2.5k)
Dell S2240L 21.5 inch(8.8k)
HD 7770 (7.7k)
Cooler Master N300(3.5k)

If you don't need a GPU, go with these-
AMD FX 8350(12k)
Asus M5A97 R2.0(7.5k)
Antec 450p(2.5k)
Cooler Master N300(3.5k)
Kingston HyperXBlu 4GB x2 (2.7k)
Dell S2240L 21.5 inch(8.8k)

These are online prices and you would get them below your budget locally. Don't go for what shopkeepers suggest as they would most probably sell you a dual core with GT210.

For video editing, you can try Sony Vegas Pro.

OP
R

Rahber kakvi

Broken In
At your budget, for Video editing, you have to opt for an AMD Processor and 6 Core FX-6300 is your best choice.

Thanx for the suggetion cilus bro can you tell me how much I have to spend for a intel based configuration?

- - - Updated - - -

Adityak bro your suggested amd processor is 12 k and in that price range haswel core I5 processor availble in the market.is that core i5 not enough for my work?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i5 4440 -12000,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
Antec VP450P -2600,
Cooler Master N300 -3500,
Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600Mhz -2800,
Dell S2240L 22" LED IPS -8200.
TOTAL -34,600.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Let me explain a bit: Most of the Video Encoding and Editing applications are highly multithreaded in nature which means those applications divide the work in small size processes and assign them to the available CPU cores of the multi-core CPU. Now FX-8350/FX-8320 are 8 Core processor which can handle 8 threads or small processes simultaneously whereas all the Intel Core i5 processors like i5 4440, available at the same price point, are quad core processor whit Hyper Threading (HT) disabled and can process only 4 threads at a time. As a result, in Video Encoding and Editing applications, FX-8350 performs brilliantly and actually compete against higher end Core i7 3770K/4770K processors, which are priced around 23K.

adityak469, in case you are going with AMD FX series and 9XX series motherboard (970 and 990), you have to use a GPU for display output as 9XX chipset does not have an integrated GPU.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Let me explain a bit: Most of the Video Encoding and Editing applications are highly multithreaded in nature which means those applications divide the work in small size processes and assign them to the available CPU cores of the multi-core CPU. Now FX-8350/FX-8320 are 8 Core processor which can handle 8 threads or small processes simultaneously whereas all the Intel Core i5 processors like i5 4440, available at the same price point, are quad core processor whit Hyper Threading (HT) disabled and can process only 4 threads at a time. As a result, in Video Encoding and Editing applications, FX-8350 performs brilliantly and actually compete against higher end Core i7 3770K/4770K processors, which are priced around 23K.

adityak469, in case you are going with AMD FX series and 9XX series motherboard (970 and 990), you have to use a GPU for display output as 9XX chipset does not have an integrated GPU.

EDITED. I didn't pay attention that i haven't suggested a gpu in the second config. My fault.

Adityak bro your suggested amd processor is 12 k and in that price range haswel core I5 processor availble in the market.is that core i5 not enough for my work?

FX 8350 is a 8 core processor whereas a i5 at the same price point is a 4 core processor. For video encoding, mullti threads are more beneficial than single core performance. And anyways Cilus explained it pretty well.

Last edited:
OP
R

Rahber kakvi

Broken In
Thanks everybody for helping me now i m thinkin about amd fx series suggested configuration but fx series dosnt have integreted graphic card causing extra charges.
So I will wait for some more suggestions .

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks everybody for helping me now i m thinkin about amd fx series suggested configuration but fx series dosnt have integreted graphic card causing extra charges.

Go with this INTEL Config if you don't want a Separate GPU:

Intel Core i5 4440 -12000,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
Antec VP450P -2600,
Dell S2240L 22" LED IPS -8200.

Go with this AMD Config if you want a Separate GPU:

AMD FX6300 -7500,
Gigabyte 970A DS3P -5800,
Antec VP450P -2600,
Dell S2240L 22" LED IPS -8200,
Sapphire R7 240 1GB -6000.
TOTAL -36,400.

Last edited:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku

you can go with the FX 6300 rig i suggested. Or maybe increase your budget and get a cheap gpu like GT630 with the FX 8350 as you won't be gaming.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
everybody excluded the hdd :lol::lol::lol:. Now where is OP going to install the os and necessary softwares??

atleast get the following. it will be very suitable for video editing because of a beefy cpu.
AMD FX8320 -10k
Gigabyte 970A DS3P -5.8k
kingston hyperx blu 4gb -2.6k
gt 620 - 3k
wd blue 1 tb-3.8k
Antec VP450P -2.6k
Cooler Master elite 311 -2.3k
Dell S2240L -8.5k
logitech mk200 - 0.7k

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
everybody excluded the hdd :lol::lol::lol:. Now where is OP going to install the os and necessary softwares??

atleast get the following. it will be very suitable for video editing because of a beefy cpu.
AMD FX8320 -10k
Gigabyte 970A DS3P -5.8k
kingston hyperx blu 4gb -2.6k
gt 620 - 3k
wd blue 1 tb-3.8k
Antec VP450P -2.6k
Cooler Master elite 311 -2.3k
Dell S2240L -8.5k
logitech mk200 - 0.7k

:facepalm: to me. :lol: and a 970A DS3P with 8350? :eek:

flyingcow

Shibe
if i were OP id go for 6300 with a powerful GPU, need them CUDA cores to edit/render those marriage/honeymoon videos and more RAM, as more ram helps tremendously and i think 6 core cpu like 6300 will be enough for marriage movies etc...
i assume you arent going to be using windows movie maker to edit them op?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Actually most of the professional video editing software are now a days coming with OpenCL acceleration including Adobe suites in which GCN based Graphics cards excel. And FX-8320 is recommended here over 6300. This is due to the push from HSA organization which is mainstreaming OpenCL as their main language. Also unlike CUDA which can only accelerate the process by dedicating the workload to the nVidia GPU, OpenCL can use all the available resources including Processor, Graphics card, specialized Editing hardware, provided they have a OpenCL runtime, resulting better quality output. There are certain complex workload for which only GPU in not adequate and OpenCL can detect those cases and divert the workload to the hardware which is better suited for it.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Guys please clear I am so confuse.

Go with this buddy:

AMD FX6300 -7500,
Gigabyte 970A DS3P -5800,
Antec VP450P -2600,
Dell S2240L 22" LED IPS -8200,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3800,
Sapphire R7 240 1GB -6000.