urgent solution needed Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

techshan

Broken In
Hi everybody
I am trying to install a network printer with ip address 192.168.40.11 but STANDARD TCP/IP PORT is not available in the windows xp to add.But when I try to install any local printer also I am getting the error posted
Kindly anybody please help in this regard
Operating system windows xp sp3
The error report Iam getting is as in the link:
*i42.tinypic.com/33l34b4.jpg

User has admin privileges
Iam facing this problem in only one pc in my domain .I tried to install in other pc's;found there is no problem in printer as well my domain's active directory also
Please kindly help to get the printer installed in that pc since it will be a great pain for me to backup ,format and reload the pc
N.B: Past two days I googled and applied the registry tweaks but there is no effect
Thanks in advance
Techshan

parthbarot

In the zone
is it regarding the port forwarding? Do you have firewall enabled? then please check regarding that... the firewall allows it or not.

OP
T

techshan

Broken In
Thanks parth for your prompt reply

I solved the problem by myself by the following steps:

I removed all the printer drivers and the ports related to all the printers related to that pc

I restarted the pc and installed the printer it got installed

My suspect is that something related to drivers for the working printers not allowing to install the new printer.I am not technically sound enough about the windows architecture ,it's my guess

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom