[urgent] should I buy micromax a57?

Confused_user

Journeyman
I need to buy a phone this week and a57 really caught my eye. So, should I go and get it? Have any of you used it? Please share your opinions

Kirtu Jindal

Broken In
Aren't you looking towards Samsung low end Android based models? Such as Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Lite and Galaxy Pocket.
Their screen sizes are small than the one Micromax you looking at but interface and entire usage experience would be far better than your A-57.
Recently my Colleague had bought Micromax A100 phone it's working fine. However if you compare it with Samsung, Sony or HTC devices you will notice the vast difference in between.

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
Tough budget... 5000 only, can't really get those. So you're saying micromax is realiable?

Interface doesn't matter for me as I'll root and run cyanogenmod anyway... The only thing I'm worried about is reliablity.

mastervk

In the zone
Is there cm rom available for this model. Check how well custom rom works..
Nearly all sub 15k android model have limited memory. Check if script are available for this model or not...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Don't buy any mobile with 256MB ram. You'll feel the need for more ram straightway.
Actually forget the whole Ninja series.

Check the Karbonn A5 or

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
refer to my Mobile Buying Guide. You'll know. And another important point is, check if the mobile have any custom rom. Desi mobiles rarely get community support so any custom rom will be of extreme use as it'll be free of bloatware and have almost full internal memory (200MB doesn't mean full 200MB. sometimes it is 120-130MB rest occupied with crap apps that you can't remove). Not to mention better battery life sometimes. A custom rom voids warranty but one can flash the original rom back in case of any small defect with the mobile and want to seek warranty.

iampears7

Right off the assembly line
Karbonn A7+ (Black) for Rs.5,989
Karbonn A7+
you should go with this instead of cheap a57.
has better 512 ram, 5m camera, vga secondary cam, video calling @ lowest 5989 rs.

Top Bottom