Urgent questions about purchasing new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
AMITAGARWAL02 said:
my vendor does not have any board later than 915
also dont have the above models

i have given order for
ASrock 775Dual-915GL

it support 8 channel sound

i am installing 2 gb ram
can win 98 support 2 gb on this board

thanks

I think you cannot install win 98 on a 915 based motherboard. I don't know what made you purchase this board, you could have gone for 915GAV motherboard of Intel, and for the 8 channel sound you could have installed additional sound card from Creative. And what are you planning to do with 2 gb ram, man !

Even if you try and fortunately install win 98 on this board, there will be no use of it, you cannot utilize the real power of this chipset, I mean you will not be able to utilze all the features of this board with win 98, since win98 does not support them.

And for 2 GB RAM, u will have anyway to install win XP or any Windows Server version.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
thanks for helping me Tech&ME and others
please read this Thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29335&highlight=

I have posted about purchasing for new computer and price that i paid for individual parts in this thread.
thanks for your help

I don't know what made you purchase this board, you could have gone for 915GAV motherboard of Intel, and for the 8 channel sound you could have installed additional sound card from Creative.

the computer vendor was not having any of the original intel model that i want neither giagabyte motherboard model that i have so i purchased asrock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom