[URGENT] On Screen Keyboard not working

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried to install drivers automatically but the installation failed :x
Go to Additional Drivers.

It must have given you to options.

1) AMD Proprietary Catalyst (Post-release updates)
2) AMD Proprietary Catalyst

Activate the second one. Not the first one. Post-release updates one will never work.

So, i downloaded from AMD website and now installing after 30min it is half done. Linux is very very slow.
No, this is not the way to install driver in Ubuntu.

Do what I said.

Regarding the slow part, I told you one thing. Create a separate ext4 partition at the end and install it there. "Not as a software in Windows filesystem."

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
okay thanks! again I'll try.. should I format Hp recovery partition because I created hp recovery discs?

One more thing what is the procedure to run windows software on ubuntu?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
^No need to format recovery partition.

Now I unistalled linux from windows, so should I reinstall ubuntu to C: drive where the windows is?

And what is the procedure to install coolsense (a windows) software on linux

I have listen about wine software but never used.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Being paranoid never helps. If you are so scared of shopping online, stop doing that!
After so much time on the TDF, you should have serious knowledge of the processes running on your system and you should be able to distinguish trustworthy processes from rogue ones, to secure your valuable data.

There is no way keyloggers can be stopped from tracing your secret information if you have one sitting on your system.
As said in some previous posts, there are both hardware as well as software keyloggers, so, you are safe nowhere. Your hardware keyboard as well as your software on screen keyboards both are not safe.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. AFAIK,
Most banks/financial organizations use their own on-screen keyboards, which are mostly Java Based which transmits the data in an encrypted form (Using AES 128 or 256 bit encryption format) to the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) sitting on either the server or on the client's system. This is the reason, most java based websites do not store usernames and passwords. Once your data is transmitted and your session has expired, it clears every trace about you.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
I'm not paranoid actually it's my bro card which I'm using he is afraid of all online shopping with a keyboard.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Honestly, if you are that paranoid, then you better not shop online at all..

and afaik, you dont need to have coolsense on all the time. Maybe during gaming.. But then you wont be gaming on the linux OS right? Then why coolsense?
there is a thread somewhere else on this forum about enabling GPU switching on Ubuntu. just follow tha and set the Intel gpu to be active. Thats more than enough.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Stop it guys don't call me paranoid, I'm not even afraid of ordering something without anti-virus. :x

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Man! we (collectively) are sorry for hurting your sentiments. I understand your fear, since you're using your brother's card, and no one would like to be blamed for such a thing as an economic loss to someone else resulting out of his/her activity. I think, you need to get a bank account and a debit card for you in case you already don't have it. In case, you do, go ahead, try it with your debit card. Believe me, it's absolutely safe, until you don't leak out your password to someone/somewhere you shouldn't. I myself have been doing online transactions for almost past 3 years, and almost all my bills, phone, data and digital tv recharges are done online.
As far as your brother is concerned, try showing him this Flipkart's TVC - No Kidding No Worries

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Stop it guys don't call me paranoid, I'm not even afraid of ordering something without anti-virus. :x

:lol:
i wont go any further on this.. but what you are is what i call paranoid. Sorry for being insensitive...

and FYI, I do shop online too. For me and for some of my friends. I don't have an AV at all..

No. Don't reinstall onto C. (It wont be called C drive from inside the linux anyway)
Make a separate partition, say atleast some 5GB and install on it. The ubuntu disk itself can do the partitioning (and much better too). The partition must be of ext4 type (its a format like the ntfs and fat systems that you know on windows) install ubuntu on this partition (you'll need to know the partition sizes to recognise them when installing ubuntu)

And if you have the recovery disks made you can delete the recovery partition.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now I unistalled linux from windows, so should I reinstall ubuntu to C: drive where the windows is?

And what is the procedure to install coolsense (a windows) software on linux

I have listen about wine software but never used.
Wait for a week or so. I'll write a guide.

Second, don't install any "Windows" software on "Wine" in Linux. Linux is not Windows. Everyone needs to get rid of that mentality. :) Look for native alternatives.

Software like VLC Player, Opera, Chrome etc. are all natively available.

praveen1248

Right off the assembly line
I've some issue regarding to windows 7 in my laptop, the problem is the neither the windows on screen keyboard works nor the kaspersky internet security one.
Whenever I try to open windows on screen keyboard it shows C:\Windows\system32\osk.exe A referral was returned from the server.
And in kaspersky the keyboard pops up but whenever I click to type it doesnt works.
Help me!! I can not shop online. :-x

I also reinstalled my antivirus but the same problem. :?

I found that kaspersky on screen keyboard is working on notepad but not in all browsers like firefox, IE 9 and chrome.

I think it is a good thing you are avoiding using actual keyboard while shopping, but i had one doubt,does the anti virus "kaspersky " you have also protect against form grabbers??

Top Bottom