URGENT : NEW RAM Problem - 3 beeps and won't load

rachitsaran

Broken In
NEED URGENT HELP as 7 days exchange is running out ...

Hi,

I just bought a Dynet 1 GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM from e-bay (*www.ebay.in/itm/271078072319?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1156)

I already have 1GB Dynet DDR2 667MHZ RAM installed and hence, sought out to buy the exact same RAM as I had read that mixing RAMS causes unwanted problems.

Well, cutting to the chase, I tried installing the RAM yesterday. No Luck. 3 Long beeps and nothing. Won't even load to BIOS. So, I started mixing and matching RAMS and the slots ... Here are the outcomes:

Scenario 1 - 1 GB RAM only in any of the 2 slots:

The computer won't load if I put the new RAM in any of the 2 slots (DIMM0 or DIMM1) ... Both slots are rated at 1.8V and AFAIK the new RAM I bought is rated at 1.5V ... It should work ... but still 3 long beeps and nothing happens ...

The old RAM works if I put it in any of the 2 slots ...

Scenario 2 - 1 GB each in both slots:

Tried both combinations, New one in DIMM0 and old one in DIMM1; and New one in DIMM 1 and old one in DIMM 0, Still 3 long beeps and nothing happens ...

So, in the end, I am stuck with the old 1 GB RAM only ... the new one is defective I think, as its not running if I only install the new one in any of Slots ...

Also, I think I must say that the new RAM looks like a fake one as the old one has Dynet written on the module as well (on the body, that is ... not just the sticker) ... also the old one has a 3-D hologram which says Dynet ... Needless to say, the new RAM doesnt have these at all ... only a sticker and the hologram too is not of Dynet (its of some Mukesh or some BS)

NEED URGENT HELP as 7 days exchange is running out ...

*** Will post Pics of both the RAMS if required ***
Also, the Mobo make slipped out of my mind ... will provide it in the evening ...

Last edited:

frankeric

Journeyman
Hi there i face same prob what i did is i have four ram slots in my desktop i plugin old ram in slot one and new ram in slot 3 and it works when iput new ram in slot 2 or 4 it was not working at all.

OP
R

rachitsaran

Broken In
Hi there i face same prob what i did is i have four ram slots in my desktop i plugin old ram in slot one and new ram in slot 3 and it works when iput new ram in slot 2 or 4 it was not working at all.

Well, I only have 2 slots in my Mobo ...
and the new RAM is not working on either of the slots ... so, I need some quick advice what to do ...
The old RAM is working on both slots ... (even though both the RAMS are pretty similar in their specs)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
post the ram pics and mobo mdel name/no. and are you sure you got a DDr2 ram module with 1.5v rating cause it's the volt rating for DDr3 ram not DDr2 and can you mention the e-bay seller/shop name.

doomgiver

Warframe
on most mobos, 3 beeps usually means RAM is not seated properly/no RAM installed/RAM is missing

Post mobo details, thats important.

Top Bottom