Urgent! Laptop for rendering,animation and gaming in 65k

jibin1991

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
(A lightweight laptop will be nice :) )

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? Like:Dell,Asus,Sony
Dislike:Samsung,Acer

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
3d works:Will be using 3ds max, maya n autocad
Browsing
Gaming

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Full HD if possible

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

Will be purchased locally.
A laptop with following specs will be nice
i7 3rd gen+8gb ram+750gb or 1tb hdd+a nice gpu
I've seen hp dv6 laptops with similar specs.So members please suggest a laptop.Need to be purchased within 2 weeks.Thanks in advanc.e

OP
J

jibin1991

Broken In
@aroraanant
thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately i need a 15" display and it has 4gb ram.Is the 7670 better than gt 630m and is there any laptops with gt640m or gt650m other than a samsung np550?

har

In the zone
@aroraanant
thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately i need a 15" display and it has 4gb ram.Is the 7670 better than gt 630m and is there any laptops with gt640m or gt650m other than a samsung np550?

Dell inspiron 14r se has gt640m and 15r se has comparable hd7730m.
Samsung is still the best bet. Why dont you wait for upcoming hp new dv6 series ?

OP
J

jibin1991

Broken In
@ har
Thanks for the reply.Will the new Dv6 launch within 2-3 weeks and are the specs much better?

Last edited:

har

In the zone
@ har
Thanks for the reply.Will the new Dv6 launch within 2-3 weeks and are the specs much better?

I guess it will come in August. You will get a better GDDR5 gt650m but regarding screen:there is 1366*768 glossy(which is much worse than samsung 1600*900 matte) and an awesome full hd 1080p matte display internationally. If they launch the 1080p version with gt650m its better than samsung. Else samsung will be better than the 1366*768 version of hp.

Usui1811

uıɐƃɐ ʇou 'ʇıɥs ɥo
Go for the Dell inspiron 15R SE (no full HD though). Its the best offering atm (since you have already ruled out the Samsung products) Or well wait and see what lenovo and HP has to bring.

At present the best are Dell Inspiron 15R and Samsung 550p. But if you will be happy with comparatively weaker GPU, then you can also go with the HP dv6 7010tx.

IMHO, you should wait for the next month. But if you want to buy them now, go with any of the two mentioned above or the HP one.

Top Bottom