Urgent: I need a GUI fstab Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Debian Sid KDE, and I am in urgent need of a GUI FSTAB editor.

I need one where I can configure everything about a partition, like its mount point, mount permissions, ownership details, read/write permissions, etc.

I stumbled upon a python script which is there in Ubuntu Hardy repos in google search(first page) when I was looking for a solution to the ubuntu hardy bug by which it doesn't automount all partitions by default. I installed it in ubuntu and it was awssome. But I can't find its name now even after 100 google searches. It has just mysteriously disappeared from the internet.

Please tell me where I can find it, or some other similar software. I need it for Debian Sid KDE, and I would appriciate it if it were a QT App.

Unless I get this app soon, I can't edit anything in my FAT32 and NTFS partitons and I am experiencing a disc space crunch. I need to burn stuff soon. Please please tell me where I can get an fstab editor.

And NO, I don't want instructions to edit fstab manually.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Gobby
*gobby.0x539.de/trac/

and another crazy idea from me
Boot with a Ubuntu live cd and use gedit there :p

Last edited:
Gobby
*gobby.0x539.de/trac/

and another crazy idea from me
Boot with a Ubuntu live cd and use gedit there :p
Dude, I DONT want a text editor.
I need a GUI. A GUI which is MOUSE CONFIGURABLE

And as I said, I stumbled across this certain software written in python with the words py and volume(or was it partition ?) in its name which was available in default ubuntu repositories. It was never to be seen again. I really want it now. The two days I spent with it were AWSSOME.

Rahim

Married!
Are you looking for pysdm?

Graphical Storage Device Manager
PySDM is a PyGTK Storage Device Manager that allows full customization of hard
disk mountpoints whitout manually access to fstab.
It also allows the creation of udev rules for dynamic configuration of storage
devices

Alternative:
Disk Manager
Disk manager is a simple filesystem configurator that allows you to:
Automatically detect new partitions at startup.
Fully manage configuration of filesystem.
Enable/disable write support for NTFS (needs ntfs-3g installed).

Last edited:
^^Thats the one I guess.
Now all I need to do is to search the net for a debain .deb package :|

w00t! There was no debian deb package, so I compiled from source and made a .deb package myself. Anyone who wants it can ask me for it.

Last edited:

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^You do everythin same till make . then you do checkinstall or something like that.. But thats not the best way to make .deb packs.. *fullcirclemagazine.org/2008/04/24/one-year-of-full-circle/

I still forgot to correct dependencies. I have NO idea what they are. I need to redo the building after checking into Ubuntu version .deb for dependency data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom