[URGENT] How to remove Win 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabhatmohit

Journeyman
Edited by me
------------

OK Guys following your recommendations I have done the work with win 98 but whenever i start Win XP, I always get the scandisk running.
Why has this NEW problem arised?

How can i remove Win XP (I set the option for booting via CD-ROM and inserted XP disc but the computer still boots from hard-disk)

Plz. help me
Thanks

Last edited:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I dont think u can remove any OS from its add remove programs.
if u r using dual boot with XP , login to xp and delete program files and windows folder of 98.
thats it.

sree_shan

Broken In
@prabhatmohit
even i also dont think that u can remove any OS from the " Add or Remove programs option "

and i think it is difficult to find all the program files and windows files created by win98 ....

first of all tell me whether u r using any other OS along with win98 as well....
if so i hope u had installed both OS in different drives (of course i think u cannot install both OS's in single drive :) )..... in that case boot by using the other OS and goto computer management (u can find "manage" option when u " right click on my computer in start window " ) and then goto disk management option in left side pannel and then delete the drive into which win98 is installed...... but be sure that u have the other OS in other drive ....
and b4 doing all these copy any backups or important files u had copied into the drive in which win98 is installed..... becz after deleting the drive all the information u kept in that drive will b lost ....

and to remove dual boot option do what the subbzzz said i.e.) edit the boot.ini file

:) :) :)

and plzzz do post the result ....

essarrenn

Right off the assembly line
prabhatmohit said:
Dear Digit forum members I want to remove Windows 98 from my PC but there r 2 problems:-

1. The option of removal isn't available in control panel->add remove programs
2. Uninstal.exe isn't located in C:/WINDOWS/COMMAND/

How would i remove win 98 then?
If there is no method will i need to format the c:/ drive?

Plz. help me
Thanks
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You did not tell how many os you have. If you have only one os (Windows 98). You cannot remove from add or remove. You can remove os only by removing partition and format. Why you want to remove it? If reason is clear our friends clearly explain you.

:p:p:p:p:p

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
open you win 98 drive & delete all the files related to win98 there BUT don't don't delete the hidden files + also don't delete file named "NLTDR" located there, rest everthing is fine, set timeout to "0" you won't even feel that 98 was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom