Urgent Help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hi guys..

I want use my TV in the place of my Monitor. Cos playin a game in a TV is far more better than playin it in a Monitor.

I also hv some Video Cassettes and need to convert them to VCD.

Pls suggest how 2 do these.. One of my frnd told tht these r poss usin a TV Tuner Card. If iam correct which one 2 buy and wat all the parts i shuld luk for it and cables too.. iam frm chennai and so i wil b happy if i get the price also. TIA

Ringwraith

Journeyman
Do u have TV-out in ur graphics card? If yes..then u just need to connect the cable frm ur gfx card to the TV :)
dunno abt ur second query tho!

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Ringwraith said:
Do u have TV-out in ur graphics card? If yes..then u just need to connect the cable frm ur gfx card to the TV :)
dunno abt ur second query tho!

any idea how is the quality of games and movies when using the tv by connecting it to the tv-out of a grafix card ? my xfx card has a tv out but i wanna know if the quality is acceptable or it is crap.

Charley

Just Do It
dreams said:
Hi guys..

I want use my TV in the place of my Monitor. Cos playin a game in a Monitor is far more better than playin int in TV.

I also hv some Video Cassettes and need to convert them to VCD.

Your 1st query cannot be answered as u have confused me, cos u say that u wanna use the TV , then u say the monitor is better so what exactly r u conveying ????

Your 2nd query soln is as follows

HARDWARE

Video Cassette Deck / Video Camera
Computer With Sufficient Harddisk (to store the .avi or .mpg files) and RAM (to edit and process the files)
CD Writer
Video Capture Card ( & Soundcard if the video capture card does not come with audio I/O)
Interconnect cables for connection between the VCR / Cam and the video capture card / soundcard

SOFTWARE

Video Recording Software
Special Effects Plug-in (Optional)
CD Authoring Software

CONNECTIONS & PROCEDURES

Connect the VIDEO OUT of the VCR / Video Cam to the VIDEO IN of the Video Capture Card
Connect the AUDIO OUT of the VCR / Video Cam to the respective AUDIO IN of the Video Capture Card / Soundcard
Ensure the LINE IN Fader on the audio mixer of the computer is not muted
Launch the video recording software
Depending on the software used, activate and check all the settings to allow recording
If possible, monitor the incoming audio signal from the VCR / Video Cam to ensure the incoming signal is not clipping (Too Hot; Levels Too High)
Set the appropriate levels for recording and rewind the tape
Activate the recording on the computer and playback the tape
Once the material on the tape has been recorded into the computer, save the material as .AVI format or .MPG format (depending on the software used).
Do your editing or add effects if you wish.
Next, close the recording software (Be sure to save all your work) and launch the CD authoring software
Select for Video CD writing and import the .avi or .mpg files
Load in a blank CDR disc and write to the disc using disc-at-once mode and finalized.(Exact procedure of writing would be dependent on the software used)

q3_abhi

Youngling
U will require a TV Tuner card for capturing video.
Have a look at the May 2005 issue of DIGIT for detailed information about TV Tuners.I think Jet Audio will help u in converting ur cassetes to VCDs.

Charley

Just Do It
q3_abhi said:
U will require a TV Tuner card for capturing video.
Have a look at the May 2005 issue of DIGIT for detailed information about TV Tuners.I think Jet Audio will help u in converting ur cassetes to VCDs.

Jet audio converts digital audio files to other audio format as mp3, wav, ogg, ape, so on.

Check this link for the info

*www.cowonamerica.com/products/jetaudio/features_02.html

q3_abhi

Youngling
achacko@dataone.in said:
q3_abhi said:
think Jet Audio will help u in converting ur cassetes to VCDs.

Jet audio converts digital audio files to other audio format as mp3, wav, ogg, ape, so on.

I have some video cassetes, but no TV tuner. Well i connected my VCR to PC n recorded the Audio using Jet Audio. SO u can not only convert files,but also record the audio. Dont know bout the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom