Urgent Help with Monitor Purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECE0105

In the zone
Hi Guys,

I think 7 yrs have been tooo long for my Old Compaq MV520 Monitor and I am buying a new one..

My mobo is a D101GGC wid a P4-2.8 (511) Proccy and 1GB of RAM.

I wanted to know if a Widescreen monitor is supported (plannin for a 17" from AOC or Samsung) wat wud be the best alternative to these and wats the price difference b/w the 17" and 19" models ????

And, wud there be any problems with the resolution, since I am using the Onboard Graphics on my Mobo and it gives me different resolutions with Win XP and Win 03 OSs.....

P.S. I mostly use it for Watching Movies, so planned a Widescreen.

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
17 widescreen is bad looking
19 inch costs 10.5k
dude monitor support, check if u have a resolution of at least 1280x768

Last edited:
OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
Have got a Samsung SyncMaster 920NW.

19" Widescreen, and now I see that the Settings show that the Max. Resolution supported is 1440 x 900 whereas, earlier it showed the Max. Res. as 1240 x 768

How is that possible?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
actually when u connect a monitor it gets detected as a device in the system and cuz of that the gfx sets resolution according to that
same happens when i plug in my sony bravia it doesent show 1360x768 but then when i plug it in it shows 1360x768 dont worry no prob

dabster

In the zone
entrana said:
dude monitor support, check if u have a resolution of at least 1240x768

its 1280x768 and u can always check the resolutions supported by Motherboard(onboard gfx.) by unchecking the "show monitor supported resolutions only" in display advanced properties.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
^yup sorry 1280x768 my bad
besides he bought the monitor and tested it already

OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
Thanks dabster, nevah knew dat...

The display is okay, but the text looks pixellated, just like on resolutions like 640x480.

Do u think Using Microsoft Cleartype is gonna help??

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
^^dont think so the images arent suppose to look pixelated
try the manual whats the reccomended resolution and set that
or u can try using catalyst control center(on ati) or nvidias software to set anti aliasing so the images look better

OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
ATI Chipset... But the Catalyst Control Center IMHO, takes up too much of memory.
Resolution, Native of 1440x900
Cleartype has helped a little, but at first glance, all the samples it showed looked the same :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom