Urgent Help... PC Not Starting Up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Everyone,

I cleaned my
CPU today. Then when i put everything back, and fit in all the cables and switched the PC on. It just wont start. All i see is PSU fan spinning for half a second and the processor fan spinning for 2-3 seconds and then stopping. After that if i press the power button nothing happens. I have to switch off the main supply and then again switch on the UPS for the above process to happen again. But whatever i do the PC wont start. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 processor, 2x2GB GSkill RAM, Corsair VX450W PSU, HD 4850 graphics case, Asus P5Q Pro mobo. Please help me its urgent.

raj_v1982

Broken In
if U can go to bios settings then go to bios and set the time and date. save and exit.

then swith off the ups. after few seconds poweron the ups and tell me if it is done :)

OP
H

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
I cant even see the BIOS Screen. Its not booting. Anyways I found the problem. Its short circuiting! I have Zebronics cabby (I have no idea why i bought that.... absolutely sucks!!!!). Whenever I screw up the mobo the PC doesn't boot. I mean actually its coz the screws are so small I have to really put in a lot of force to make the mobo stay in its place! Any solution for this???? I fear that I may break the mobo someday trying to fit it in the cabby!!!

Yasa_Zidfrau

Free Like a Cloud
- first maybe you wrong plug the cable
- second maybe you cleaned the processor cream, because if you did your pc will become so hot so your pc wont start

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I cant even see the BIOS Screen. Its not booting. Anyways I found the problem. Its short circuiting! I have Zebronics cabby (I have no idea why i bought that.... absolutely sucks!!!!). Whenever I screw up the mobo the PC doesn't boot. I mean actually its coz the screws are so small I have to really put in a lot of force to make the mobo stay in its place! Any solution for this???? I fear that I may break the mobo someday trying to fit it in the cabby!!!
If can't afford a new cabby then try glue...quick fix or dendrite. Just be cautious dat they wont spill on circuit.

B/W u can sell ur cabby in and around 500-800/-
New good cabby may cost 1800/-2000/- (Nzxt, CoolerMaster)...

Put ur cabby on its side, like place d side where mobo is placed on ground, dat way ur mobo won't loosen up; u may have some problem wid CD/DVD :D

OP
H

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Is it possible to the replace the cabby? Would any shop be willing to? I would like a cooler master cabby. Maybe Elite 1800!!!

acewin

Point Blanc
zebronics cabby are not that bad, though you can check changing of cabby from the shop you bought your system

if you want to sell here , put in for sale in thinkdigit(online)

Last edited:

hsetir

Broken In
I've had that problem so many times. It's the power supply. Check if you have inserted the cables properly(20/24 pin main cable and 4 pin atx12v cable). It's the power supply failing. Try with some alternate psu.

sujeet2555

In the zone
remove all the connectors from the motherboard,even front connectors then plug one by one.got he same problem once.problem was in reset connector.i remove the connector and it started.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^^Yes, CoolerMaster Cabby's are the best! Zebronics are of bad quality :sad:. How much did you pay for that cabinet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom