Urgent help needed!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
I have a AMD athlon XP 2400+ PC with Asus A7MV66 motherboard, 256 MB DDR RAM, 60 GB Samsung HDD. I have got Win98SE and WIN XP as the OSes(Without any service packs).

Recently wen I switched on my computer and boot into XP my computer hanged and the PC speaker made a sound (like that of an ambulance). Wen I restarted the system n again boot into XP i got an error message sayin:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been Shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

CONFIG_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.
If problem continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.
Technical information:
*** STOP: 0X00000067 (0x00000001, 0X0000000D, 0XC00000005, 0X00000000)

After that everytime I boot into XP, either the system hangs and make the same sounds or it shows the above msg and makes the same sound.

Wen i try to boot into win98se, either the system restarts automatically or it hangs with same sound. I also tried to run the setup of XP and 98 again but the system again hung up or restarted.

I had recently installed a scanner(BenQ), but did not experience any probs with it......

Please tell me wat cud be the cause of all this.....Is this a RAM prob???

tuXian

In the zone
I too was getting the same msg but it was preceeded by a memory dump.

A complete reinstallation using a boot CD solved my prob.

Another time though wasnt getting the siren sound but some other kind of sound and then the system freezed, removing and putting back Sound card solved my prob.

indrajit

Journeyman
I Googled and found this=>

This is what MSDN Library has to say.

The process creation failure indicated by this error message can only happen during the
fairly brief time that the Windows Executive is being initialized, which is during phase 4
of Windows startup. Typically there is a problem with a device driver or with a missing or
corrupt system file used during Windows startup.

If its just so then reinstalling Windows will solve the problem.

But in a more acute case it could be a faulty memory stick. Hope its not so i your case. See here.
You can check your memory modules using this utility if you feel the need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom