Urgent Help Needed To Do A Surveillance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry_nitish

Broken In
Hey Friends With Great Minds, This Is N From Pune. As You May Have Thought, Its Not Like Some Big Sherlock Homes Case, This Is The Whole Story---

I am Currently Doing B.E. in E & TC From Pune Unviersity. A Few Months Back I Moved Into A Flat From My Hostel With Two of my best buddies. After some days i found some of my personal articles missing from my cupboard like my purse, books, diary etc., and there was no end to it, always after few days some of my thing keeps dissapearing from my room/cupboard. Now i think one of my friend is involved in it But Icannot Talk To Them Of it As Both Are My Very Good Friends, I Just Want An Answer And Keep Safe The Next Time. So I need you guys to help me out.

I have thought of something, but i serously need your help. I have a Computer in my room, Where my most of the articles dissapeared. Its also got a webcam with it, the hardware specifications are as below---

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
AMD 64X2 Processor
120 GB SEAGETTE HARD DISK
512 MB DDR2 RAM
RELIANCE INTERNET CONNECTION WITH 2MBPS SPEED
FRONTECH SSD 641MP WEBCAM
LG 17'' INCH MONITOR.

So I need You Guys to specify Me a software through which i can use my webcam for my surveillance ,to record a tape, for a proof , to solve this mystery. And one more thing the software should be really smart and advanced, as the two guys are really good programmers, they both are doing B.tech in Computer Science, I.E. They Should Not Be Able To Crack What Is Goin' On With Webcam.

Please Help Me Out And Reply Soon.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
AFAIK with webcam you will have to switch on your PC, this can ring the bells of the other guys. The best bet will be to get a camcorder on "bhada", the smallest size you find and keep it somewhere in the room for 2-3 days so that they get to a basic comfort level. You have to keep it such a way that all the LEDs are hidden (use a towel or something to hide every portion except the lens).
Now any given day, switch it on and keep it at that particular location only with towel over it. Since your friends know that this camera is always there, at that particular location, so theres a huge chance that they will not screw it up and take away your things. Ta-daa you got your proof and they got your wallet.

PS: What if one of your friends is a member of thinkdigit forums and has already read this??? Anyways if he's not "dheet" then he wont take away your things again:D

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
ok! now this sounds intresting!
picture this.. you are doing something on your computer which needs your computer to be switched on most of the time, even while you are out. so your room mates are not surprised to see your PC on, as you always turn the monitor off "to save energy" they dont pay attention. now here is the gig.. ur so called buddies never knew u had this sophisticated motion detection webcam, which has started recording the momment they entered the room.
if u can arrange a long USB extention place the webcam in a suitable place(infront of a dark place) u may get the trial version of the software from here(*www.ledset.com/camwiz/) it's for 30 days.. i think that would be more than enough to nail the suspects!!

best of luck!!

OP
H

harry_nitish

Broken In
thanx pranay and cybosure for the reply. For the info, my computer is always kept on with my monitor shut off, my friends would never guess, and even if they do. I wanted the software to record hiddenly and store it somewhere on my hard disk with a password protection or email me at the earliest without any gliches.

And thanx again pranay your idea of motion sensing software, its awesome, it will help to save my hard disk space before the software takes it all. Hey has your software got the above mentioned features like password protection, and no sign of it on process manger and on live desktop or toolbar, please tell me soon.I have right now started downloading your software, will post soon of how it works out!!!

bye

devil_me

Broken In
Here is one more software mate.. with all the advanced options.. the lite version should serve your needs. let me know if it is of any help..
*www.softcab.com/webcam/index.php
Don't forget to switch user when the software is on. so that no one will know that there is a program running at the other windows login account.. ;)

devil_me

Broken In
hey man.. thats just the software part.. Here is the hardware with motion sensors and face tracking... don't get shocked.. I am talking about the Creative Live! Motion webcam..

Here is the link...
*www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=218&subcategory=219&product=13979

OP
H

harry_nitish

Broken In
hey devil thanx for the rep, i downloaded your soft and tested it , but it was of not any use in trial mode, it didn't showed any stealth settings. A ctually can't you recommend me a software that includes good stealth settings such as---
password protection for stored file, running in hidden mode i.e. not visible in taskbar or process manager, with motion detection, and should not require me to register a new user with my windows, and should also support other webcam programs if used by any user to run without any hindrance.

This is all what i want it do, pls specify a useful one this time.

And pranay your software is exactly what i want but it misses and password or any kinda stealth settings, can you recommend anything better than this, that will solve my problem.

bye

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
try this one.. *www.digi-watcher.com/surveillance_features.htm

it covers the password protection and stealth mode too!!!

devil_me

Broken In
with the digi watcher.. only 30 mins of recording at each use. for trial version..
sending you a pm.. check harry_nitish.

OP
H

harry_nitish

Broken In
Hey thanx all guys for the rep, and devil the software you specified misses one important functionality, it does not allow to run simultaneous webcam softwares with it, which is very much required, coz my friends may want to record something and they will not be able to use the amcap software came with the webcam, and might get a doubt

Please turn out with a solution to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom