Urgent-:cd Writer Not Reading/detecting High Speed Wrriten Discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
THIS SEEM TO BE STRAIGT FROM HELL. JUST 2 DAYS AGO
MY CD WRITER(SONY 52X/32X/52X) , INSTALLED AS SECONDARY DRIVE WAS WORKING JUST FINE THAN MY PRIMARY OPTICAL DRIVE SAMSUNG 52X

BUT FROM YESTERDAY A PECULIER PROBLEM HAS STARTED ,IT IS NOT READING high speed discs even the discs which had been writen in that writer
i had been using that writer for many months as it was giving better performance of reading than my cd rom.

i need to tell that the both drives use to make noise when i inserted mp3discs in which i had stuck some external label. Lter when i began to ter the label by side the noise become vaint

but this time the drive is just not able to read any discs . My samsung cd rom also suffer from same handicap so i was using this drive instead but now i have no option. It is not detecting write from the bios screen.

ie when a cd is inserted the LED blinks continuesly then stops and blink again for 3 sec Then again and then do not blink and all hell starts

Though i have noticed that when i nserted a CD RW it read perfectly much faster than what it eas doing earlier

i am afraid it might hamper the cd writing capabilites

yes an anathor observatrion is that when i was tring the make the cds read
in the drive i tried using nero CD/DVD Speed and good lord it worked but i have forgotten what i have done and now after numerous attempt the CDs is still not reading.

PLEASE HELP I HAD BUYED THAT HARWARE AFTER NUMEROUS CAJOLING & MY FATHER MAY FRY ME ON THE PAN IF HE HEAR THIS

assasin

Banned
Dont worry dude just update d firmware of ur drive.Since its a SONY chances r dat it cud be a rebadged Liteon drive.Just tell me d model no:

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
well it is

SONY CRX230E

BY THE WAY I UPDATED THE FIRMWARE FROM QYS1 TO QYS3 . Now thousg it read all type of discs but it depend upon it's mood ie it sometimes work and somtimes not and thats what bothering me

assasin

Banned
Ur SONY CRX230E is rebadged Lite-ON LTR-52327S.Just enter 'firmware for SONY CRX230E' in the search field (jst google it) and u'll get the firmware.(both for SONY and Liteon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom