processor Intel Pentium 4 (Northwood) 2.00GHz, ASUS DVD writer, the OS
is Microsoft Windows XP V5.1 Build 2600 CSDVersion Service Pack 2
and BIOS 080012 Date: 12/28/2005 American Megatrends Inc. ROM Base
F000 Size 512KB.

also tell me if which ram I buy, 1gb or 2gb. if I buy 2gb then what is
the performence. and where to buy.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Your system is actually very ancient and even if you increase the Ram, don't expect huge performance boost for it. The Processor itself is not capable enough to run modern day applications properly. The motherboard support DDR 400 MHz Ram up to 2 GB (1 GB per each of the two slots).
What you can do is to dump the 128 MB Ram and get two 1 GB 400 MHz Ram modules, each of them costing around 1.4K.
Get two of this Ram module: Transcend DDR 1 GB PC RAM (JM388D643A-5L) - Transcend: Flipkart.com

However, a system upgrade is highly recommended here.

joe

From NoWhere
Hello,

Your pc configration is very old and obsolete. Don't invest on ram. Upgrade you system.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Your system is actually very ancient and even if you increase the Ram, don't expect huge performance boost for it. The Processor itself is not capable enough to run modern day applications properly. The motherboard support DDR 400 MHz Ram up to 2 GB (1 GB per each of the two slots).
What you can do is to dump the 128 MB Ram and get two 1 GB 400 MHz Ram modules, each of them costing around 1.4K.
Get two of this Ram module: Transcend DDR 1 GB PC RAM (JM388D643A-5L) - Transcend: Flipkart.com

However, a system upgrade is highly recommended here.

true indeed even i have same kind of pc even older i think don't waste money on the ram as it costs insanly high upgrade system........

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nah, I think Op better keep his pc if he can .. that's a piece of antique he has got there ;-) On a serious note upgrading to 1GB ram should be enough for Op - I've used similar config before so telling from my experience.

BTW, can't help it but I do get super excited by seeing this ;-)

*www.mercury-pc.com/images/pr_mb/pr_mb_p4vm800m_s.jpg

Top Bottom