Upgrading PC

Newbie11

P C - G A M E R
I need to upgrade my old computer which was a pentium 4 HT machine here are my requirements:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Gaming and college work.All the latest games like Battlefield 4,Crysis 3,and upcoming games like Fifa 15 and others

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:32k max.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Win 7 64 bit.Already have it.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1 Tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No i already have it.Its 17 inch with 1280x1024 resolution.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Speakers, monitor, graphics card,ups.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:This month.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:No,this will be done by assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Kolkata.I am planning to buy locally.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:I just want play games and do college work.I dont mind playing games in lower settings.I am a casual gamer.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i5 4570 -13k
gigabyte b85m d3h - 5.5k
kingston hyperx fury 4gb - 2.7k/corsair vengeance /gskill ripjawsx
wd blue 1tb - 3.5k
antec vp550p - 3.5k/seasonic s12ii 520 -4.8k
deepcool tesseract - 2.7k
logitech mk200 - 0.7k

upgrade you monitor also when upgrading your gpu. and just for the information, the igpu of i5 4570 is better than gt 520.

OP
N

Newbie11

P C - G A M E R
i5 4570 -13k
gigabyte b85m d3h - 5.5k
kingston hyperx fury 4gb - 2.7k/corsair vengeance /gskill ripjawsx
wd blue 1tb - 3.5k
antec vp550p - 3.5k/seasonic s12ii 520 -4.8k
logitech mk200 - 0.7k

upgrade you monitor also when upgrading your gpu. and just for the information, the igpu of i5 4570 is better than gt 520.

thanks how about the coolermaster k281?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
it is fine too. tesseract however supports installing more cabinet fans and of-course better cable management .it has less cost too. but looks are not appealing though.

or maybe get FX 6300 instead-

FX 6300 (7500)
Gigabyte 970A DS3P (5800)
kingston hyperx fury 4gb - 2.7k
wd blue 1tb - 3.5k
antec vp550p - 3.5k
logitech mk200 - 0.7k
Dell S2240L (8600)

total: 36k

It's more than original budget but you won't need to upgrade the monitor later.

OP
N

Newbie11

P C - G A M E R
I'll get the intel build the monitor and graphics card can wait though could you suggest a build with more ram ?Actually i have cod ghosts and it requires 6 gb ram.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Yep many new games are requiring 6 GB and upwards RAM incl. COD Ghosts, Watch_Dogs and supposedly GTA V. Just get 8 GB instead of 4 in the above suggested config. The rest will not change.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I'll get the intel build the monitor and graphics card can wait though could you suggest a build with more ram ?Actually i have cod ghosts and it requires 6 gb ram.

if you want additional ram and tight on budget, get i5 4440 at 11k. that will save you 2k and is enough for gaming.

I5 is better, but 6300 is not bad though. Fx 6300 is suggested when on low budget. If you can upgrade the monitor later then go with i5, else get the 6300. You should also note that getting a good graphic card and not getting a higher resolution monitor will not be any good.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
ask in as many as shops you can. or look at online shops. or else get seagate(you may have to go through troublesome rma experience though!).

OP
N

Newbie11

P C - G A M E R
ask in as many as shops you can. or look at online shops. or else get seagate(you may have to go through troublesome rma experience though!).

yeah i had a bad experience with my 500 gb hdd.
i could have got the black one but its too dam expensive:-(

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
get 2 x 4gb ram. it is enough for gaming.
for hdd, if you are able to get black for less than 5k then go for it as it offers 5 years of warranty compared to 2 years of blue/green drives.

Top Bottom