kisorgovinda

Broken In
I would like to upgrade my PC to Intel CORE 2 DUO. I would like to know if I have to install any gaming card for playing games. Also, I would like to know if any sound card/ add on card etc. is required for multimedia functionality. Equivalent AMD configuration suggestion is also required.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I would like to upgrade my PC to Intel CORE 2 DUO. I would like to know if I have to install any gaming card for playing games. Also, I would like to know if any sound card/ add on card etc. is required for multimedia functionality. Equivalent AMD configuration suggestion is also required.

First of all, Core 2 Duo is a dinosaur now. A lot of new gen processors have hit the market.
Now for getting a good suggestion for the forum members, you need to be more specific about your requirements. Please go to the PC Building Question template thread and answer the questions. Specify your budget.

OP
K

kisorgovinda

Broken In
Re: PC build questionnaire template

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)

A: Coreldraw, Photoshop, Programming, Moderate Gaming, Music and Videos etc.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?

A: Yes.

3. What is your MAX budget?

A: 25k.

4. Planning to overclock?

A: No.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?

A: Win XP SP2

6. How much hard drive space is needed?

A: 500 GB.

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?

A: 1024 x 768. 17 inch.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)

A: 4.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

A: No. By Assembler.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?

A: 10-15 days.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?

A: Somewhat yes.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.

A: No.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?

A: Kolkata. No.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary

A: Nil.

Prevent making vague posts as this will increase getting better advice that you need and consume very little time.

The credits go to The Sorcerer for the above template!

OP
K

kisorgovinda

Broken In
Please go to the PC Building Question template thread and answer the questions. Specify your budget.

Dear Cilus,

I have submitted my requirement in PC building question template and submitted it in the thread containing the same. Would you kindly go through it?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz @ 5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.5k
2 * 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 5k
Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 @ 5k
WD 500GB Blue @ 2k
FSP saga II 400W @ 2k
CM elite 310 @ 1.5k

Total - 25k

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
You missed the monitor, I think he needs that too. Look at question no. 12

real good work Piyush posting on someone else's behalf.

OP
K

kisorgovinda

Broken In
WD 500GB Blue @ 2k
FSP saga II 400W @ 2k
CM elite 310 @ 1.5k

Total - 25k

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks to be a great configuration. But, I doubt if the FSP saga and CM elite will be available in Kolkata. If available, kindly let me know where it will be available from at Kolkata. Further, I would be requiring a suitable DVD RW which will be able to draw out most functionalities of the configuration. Any suggestion please.

Also, I would like to know an equivalent Intel configuration with price. It will be highly appreciated if such configuration is suggested.

Also, let me know if AMD processors support 8086 family assembly routines.

Thanks!

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ CM Elite is available at Kolkata. FSP you may need search a bit.

about the 8086 routines, all processors available now support it.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
FSP Saga II is available at starcomp mall (not the one beside vedant) though the prices might be a bit high. You can get Gigabyte Superb 460w for 2k from Arihant.
A good Intel config at this budget is difficult. I suggest go for this one.

OP
K

kisorgovinda

Broken In
^^ CM Elite is available at Kolkata.
about the 8086 routines, all processors available now support it.

FSP Saga II is available at starcomp mall (not the one beside vedant) though the prices might be a bit high. You can get Gigabyte Superb 460w for 2k from Arihant.
A good Intel config at this budget is difficult. I suggest go for this one.

Thanks to both of you for the information. Any suggestion about appropriate DVD RW drive, please.

Cilus

laborare est orare
FSP SAGA is available in lot of shops in KOlkata, chandni chalk. Go to MD computers, Vedant, Ezone etc.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
nope, Vedant has nothing. Say anything a bit offbeat and they won't have it. I enquired just a few days back, they don't have FSP PSUs, only cooler master (which sucks) and corsair. FSP is available at starcomp

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
yes it is Chandni Chowk, but we don't call it that, we just call it chandni. To be more precise, most of the computer shops are in Ganesh Chandra Avenue, commonly called G.C. Avenue.

OP
K

kisorgovinda

Broken In
Thanks to you all for guiding me to upgrade my PC. I have upgraded my PC and are using it. Experience with this one is great.

Your suggested configuration was:-

WD 500GB Blue @ 2k
FSP saga II 400W @ 2k
CM elite 310 @ 1.5k

Total - 25k

As some of the components was not available at time of purchase, I had to go for substitutes.

My configuration is:-

Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
2 * 2GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz
XFX Radeon HD 5670 1 GB GDDR5*
WD 500GB Green (Blue was not available at any of the outlets)
Corsair VX 450 W*
CM elite 310

* At time of collecting quotations Starcomp assured to supply Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 and FSP saga II 400W. But, at time of purchase they were unable to do so. So, I had to go for substitutes.

I would like to share my experience with Technokrat during collection of quotes. I usually bought my supplies from the shop since last 3-4 years. This time when presented with the configuration, I was sent to one lady for supply of quotes. She looked at it as if she was reading something hebrew. She told it was not possible to supply such quote.

Thank you again for your kind guidance.

abirthedevil

In the zone
congratz man btw which shop did u purchase from? very intrested in knowing the shop u got the Corsair vs450 psu from and at what price

Top Bottom