Upgrading PC for gaming - Budget 60,000 - 80,000.

harrypotter

Broken In
Hello!

My name is Samuel, i am from Chennai. Planning to Upgrade my existing system.

I bought a high end specs rig for professional 3D modelling, animation and Video Editing/FX works in Jan 2011. The specs are as follows.

Intel i7-950 3.06Ghz Procesor.
Intel WX58BP Motherboard.
Crosair 4GB DDR 1333 RAM - 3
Segate 2tb SATA HDD
Intel 80GB SSD
LG 22x DVD RW
Logitec Gaming MX518 Mouse
Dell 24' LCD Monitor
Cooler Maser Case RC 690
Crosair 750TXUK SMPS
Leadtek FX1800 Quadra 768MB PCIX (GFX)
CREATIVE SOUNT CARD titanium.

The problem with this Rig is that Lately i have been experiencing problems in rendering 3D outputs, videos and running
latest applications. I also started playing PC games, something i never did before buying this Rig. Some older games ran kinda perfectly well, that is until i purchased, installed GTA 4 with DLC's, Skyrim with DLC's and modded them like a crazy lunatic. I started experiencing 'Crash to Desktops' and 'Lagging' and 'Corrupt save files'.

Last month the system crashed for the first time, I found Over heating to be the Issue. The processor fan had malfunctioned. I use my system in a well ventilated, Air-Conditioned Room.

So please guys, Help me on Upgrading this system.

What i want to know is that Can i salvage anything form this Existing Rig, If so what, if not; Can i just change the Mother Board, Processor and the Graphics Card alone and nothing ELSE to better fit my Budget.

It would also be help full if i could get the Latest Specs for a Gaming Rig, just the Mother Board, Processor and the Graphics Card enabling me to use my RAM, SMPS, HDD and Case. Would be nice if i could use my Existing Processor, Ram and Graphics card in a New Mother Board.

Also let me know about Liquid Cooling. And would it be possible for me to use it.

Hope i was clear about my Query.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: The system will be used for Gaming, Capturing Game Play, Live Streaming and Video Editing, 3D modeling, rendering and VFX. I will be using applications like After Effects, Premiere Pro, 3ds Max 2016, Maya 2016, Blender, Real Flow, Cinema 4D, Nuke 8, Modo and Photoshop. Playing games like, GTA V, Skyrim (Heavily Modded '240+mods), Witcher 3, Far Cry 4, Fallout 3, Minecraft, Call of Duty AW & BOps, Battelfield 4 , Dark Souls, Assains Creed, Elder Scrolls Online and Dragon Age Inquisition.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: As i don't need the entire System i Planing to Keep the Budget under 60,000 Rs. But if required i am willing to Go as far as 80,000.

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: No. Would it be possible without Liquid cooling ?

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: Windows 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: I wouldn't be needing a Hard Disk.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: I have a Dell 24" Full HD monitor and a Dell 80 cm Ultra Sharp Monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: I don't want to buy
A - RAM ( I already have 12GB Crosair 4x3 DDR3 1333 RAM),
B - Cabinet ( I have a Cooler Master Case RC 690)
C - SMPS ( Have a Crosair 750TXUK)
D - Keyboard
E - Mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: Month of May 2015

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: I have build a Desktop before. This one will be Built by me.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: I live in Chennai. I am planing to buy the components from Online shops or Shop.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans: If links were to be provided to buy items from Online, it would be useful. Thank you so much in Advance.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
So, you want only the CPU, CPU cooler, motherboard and GPU?

Since you aren't overclocking, get

ProcessorIntel i7 479021,300
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 Evo2,800
MotherboardASUS H97-PRO GAMER9,700
Graphics CardZotac GTX 970 4GB DDR526,200
Total60,000

OP
harrypotter

harrypotter

Broken In
Thank you. Flipkart lists 'Zotac GTX 970 4GB DDR5' price as 27,770. Should i check my local dealer ?

And about the CPU cooler. I don't know a lot about it, Is that Required ? and Also can i Use my Intel i7 - 950 3.06GHz Processor with this board " ASUS H97-PRO Gamer " ?

OP
harrypotter

harrypotter

Broken In
i7 950 is LGA 1366 socket type while current Mobos are LGA 1150 socket type. So, you can't use the older i7 950 with it.

Aww man ! , Well that's what happens, i guess. With these Computer components.

ProcessorIntel i7 479021,300
MotherboardASUS H97-PRO GAMER9,700
Graphics CardZotac GTX 970 4GB DDR526,200
Total60,000

Is that like the Latest Specs ? I mean Latest as in March 2015 to May 15. I could go till 80,000.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You are practically getting more than enough power for your needs and still want to spend more?

GTX 970 is good enough for 1440p gaming. Its not clear when will Intel launch Broadwell (5th gen) Desktop CPUs.

I'm not sure about recommending anything higher. Let others give suggestions about it.

OP
harrypotter

harrypotter

Broken In
This is Flipkart's price based on "SaiyanGoku" 's recommendations.

Capture.jpg

--

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
ProcessorIntel Xeon E3 1246 v322,500
MotherboardMSI H97 PC Mate6,900
Graphics CardZotac GTX 970 4GB DDR528,200
Total60,400

Since you are not overclocking you can go with Xeon CPU's.

OP
harrypotter

harrypotter

Broken In
I have 3 4gb Sticks of Ram dude. It's 12gb. I can buy another 4gb stick if required.

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=105611]bssunil[/MENTION]
Thank you man! . But isn't Intel Xeon E3 a Server Processor. I mean, i am not planning to overclock it. But sure would love the option to do so. I mean does the price go high if you want to overclock it or something.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have 3 4gb Sticks of Ram dude. It's 12gb. I can buy another 4gb stick if required.
@bssunil
Thank you man! . But isn't Intel Xeon E3 a Server Processor. I mean, i am not planning to overclock it. But sure would love the option to do so. I mean does the price go high if you want to overclock it or something.
Buy another 4gb ram of the same latency or same speed to use dual channel memory architecture. Yes Intel Xeon E3 is a server processor which is an alternative for i7 processor. Overclocking does not provide any significant advantages for gaming as such so I recommend a Xeon for overall performance.

maheshn

Journeyman
AMD PC draws more power and it is in its end of life.Its better to stick with Intel Rig as it is more power efficient.

I guess according to some people PC's themselves are end of life and everything moving to mobile/tablet/hybrid (like surface 3) :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OP
harrypotter

harrypotter

Broken In
So far i am Leaning towards [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] 's recommendations. And contemplating [MENTION=105611]bssunil[/MENTION] 's . Any more Recommendations guys. And also is it just wise to discard my old system completely and get a DDR4 based 980GTX system instead, With PSU updates ? I am torn.

- - - Updated - - -

I have pre-ordered Witcher 3 Wild Hunt planing to buy my new system, get it up and ready before the game's release. :) :) Please help me guys.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Cancel the pre-order, Witcher 3 is free with GTX 960, 970, 980.

Also, let DDR4 become mainstream first. Mobos which support DDR4 are costly not to mention DDR4 ram is costly too.

OP
harrypotter

harrypotter

Broken In
Wow, I didn't know that, where do you have to Buy the Graphics Card to get Witcher 3 free ? Flipkart hasn't got any offers like that and so is ITDEPOT.

OP
harrypotter

harrypotter

Broken In
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] thank you so much for all your help.

I love the recommendations you gave me. I have planned to buy it in the next few days.

I just have one more thing needed to be cleared, What about this MSI MSI NVIDIA Gtx 970 Gaming 4g 4 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - MSI : Flipkart.com - Is it better than Zotac ?

And also, I just found out that my processor had no issue, it was just overheating. So i bought the Crosair cooling fan and installed it, its okay for now. So can i buy another Graphics card namely the Zotac 970 you recommended or the above MSI one and Install it in my old motherboard ( This one - Intel WX58BP Motherboard) . I am planning to use that as a Second system. Are those graphics cards compatible?

Again Thank you ! .

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for you Help [MENTION=105611]bssunil[/MENTION] .

Top Bottom