hello,
i want to upgrade my computer components which are hdd ,
motherboard, processor and ram . i wanted to know whether i
would have to change other components too in order to change
these four components ? ( i.e. psu or cabinet etc . ) also i wanted to
know whether my computer will be able to run without putting in
a graphics card ? because the computer i am upgrading is
branded and it has intel graphics (is it a graphic card ?). i am
planning to upgrade processor to amd athlon or phenom2 x4.
does this processor come with any integrated graphic memory?. am planning to get either gigabyte MA880 GM -UD2H
motherboard or ASUS M4A88TD- M EVO motherboard. how much
integrated graphics do they have?
also my budget is 16000 indian rupees so you may post your recommendations. also my older pc is of zenith company with intel D845GVSR chipset and celeron d processor. so all other devices are compatible with it. tell me about their compatibility with the upgrades i am performing. also can you list other parts of computer which may require a change if one performs an upgrade?

i also wanted to know whether athlon2 and phenom 2 are 64bit or 32bit processors. also can we install a 32 bit OS on 64 bit processor?

Last edited:
OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
i have smps (is it the same as psu?) with 230V input and output. i will be using the pc for playing games and programming. and i wont put in a graphics card now. or ready if it fits in budget. but now i reduced the budget to 14-15k.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Yes its same. Actually i asked brand and wattage of psu. Check it by opening the case. Also in india everything operates at 230v potential difference.

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
ok :) i am not currently at my home and will be returning after 1 week. so cant open the cabinet. the user manual says its atx smps. and it was prebundled with zenith branded computer. what is atx? i'll tell about wattage later. till then consider that i dont have a psu and also tell how much watt is required.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
AMD Athlon X4 640 @ 4.5k
Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H @ 4.5k
Corsair DDR3 1333MHz 2x2GB RAM @ 2.3k
Seagate 1TB 7200.12 @ 2.7k
FSP SAGA II 500W @ 2k
TOTAL 16k

Cilus

laborare est orare
The onboard IGP does not have 512 MB memory. In AMD chipset based motherboards there is a concept of Sideport memory. AMD actually provides 128 MB of DDR3 1333 MHz dedicated memory for the onboard garphics. So this memory is dedicated to the IGP. But when required it can actually access another 512 MB of memory (maximum) from your system memory. You can set the amount of memory that can be shared with IGP, in the motherboard BIOS. Normally values are 128, 256 and 512.
If you share 512 MB, the the total memory accessed by the IGP is (512+128) = 640 MB. This technology is called Hyper-Memory by ATI and is also present in their lower end dedicated graphics cards like HD 3450.

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
thanks all! thanks for telling about how to change the amount of memory used. i just love amd.
@jaskanwar singh: i will probably be taking radeon hd 5*** in 5-6 months after upgrade. tell me if any other alternative exists within 7k range

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
You can possibly get HD6850 or GTX460 after 4-5 months. Or the HD6770 and GTX550.
Currently HD5770 @ 7.5k is the best available.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
and for those cards above HD5770 you will need Corsair VX450W.
just little editing -

AMD Athlon X4 635 @ 4.5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4k
Corsair DDR3 1333MHz 2x2GB RAM @ 2.3k
Seagate 500GB 7200.12 @ 1.7k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.5k

TOTAL 16k

Piyush

Lanaya
if u have any plans to add a gfx card then go for corsair vx450
and the rest of the specifications are almost same
and yes..i would be better to go for AMD 6xxx series cards

deepak_ds

Broken In
upgrade my ram/processor

hello...
i am upgrading my motherboard. but i want an advice. what is the difference between a DDR2 ram and DDR3 ram?? i mean will there be any difference in performance that wud be clearly visible to a mediocre gamer??
i have a 2GB DDR2 ram and i dont want it to upgrade it so soon. but i want to upgrade my processor. as i said i'm a mediocre gamer and havent got enough bucks to spend. will a quad core processor meet my gaming requirements?? i have LGA775socket
my current pc config:
C2DE4400, 2GBDDR2 ram 667Mhz, xfx nvidia 9400GT 1GB DDR2 video card, 450W-PSU.
my config seems poor.. :-(

i've neen recommended this mobo as per my requirements "Asus P5G41CM-LY".

i feel its gud. i want a processor and a ram upgrade. please help..!!:banghead::pray:

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
deepak_ds, create a new thread for your requirement, don't post in others thread. Also do mention the exact name of the motherboard aND brand name of the PSU while creating your own thread.

Top Bottom