upgrading my laptop

deepak_ds

Broken In
I have a HP Pavilion dv6-6155tx notebook. I want to upgrade its processor.
I want to know whether it can be upgraded or not.
If yes then I would probably upgrade with an 3rd gen i5 processor.

maddy

Journeyman
U cant upgrade ur processor directly
max u can upgrade in ur lappy is extra ram or change of hdd :p

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
:-( and motherboard?

You cant upgrade the Laptops Motherboard yourself.Alienware does upgrade their laptops I dont know HP does If you really want Contact the HP Service Center BTW upgrading your motherboard will cost you twice your Laptops price

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
my friend bought a HP note book in 2008 , & one fine day someone sat on it. So the display got broken in half, but it was working. Rushed to the service center next day to only hear replacing the display will cost Rs. 19000+ .
The laptop cost was 27000.

OP
deepak_ds

deepak_ds

Broken In
well for moment i considered that my laptop cant be further upgraded. But a person suggested my viewing this "*h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02842252.pdf" doc.
I now find a possibility for getting a better processor. Can you now suggest any online sites for buying a mobile processor in India?

I thought the process might be similar to that of upgrading a desktop. We have to check the list of compatible processors with the board. But I don't find the list! Please help! :|
Else I was thinking of a 3rd gen processor upgrade.

My current specs:
2nd gen core i5 2430M
8GB DDR3 RAM
RADEON HD 6490M 1GB GDDR5

Cilus

laborare est orare
Not possible in India. Laptop processors are fused with the motherboard, they are not like Desktop Processors which can be plugged in into the Motherboard. There are handful of custom Laptop manufacturers like Alienware, Cleveo etc which offers custom upgrades. However, your current processor is a real good one and no need to upgrade it.

Top Bottom