Upgrading Firmware of TP-Link W8968

gameranand

Living to Play
Guys I received my router yesterday and BSNL guys have not came to me yet for Internet Connection so I am thinking about upgrading the Firmware before that.
Please guide me how to do that, I mean I just have to connect the Router using the LAN RJ45 cable and power chord to Router and thats it ?? Do I have to make any more connections right now as Phone is not here yet to upgrade my firmware ??
If you can then give me step by step instruction, also tell me which firmware version to download. Currently my version is 1.1.0.

shreymittal

Being Human
On TP-Link website u will get the get updates just d/l the files and put in router f/w

Edit: also on tp-link website u will get the guide how to do that

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah I saw that already and have already downloaded the latest firmware but still I need to be sure.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
there is no v1.1.0 firmware.only 2 firmwares are available for this model:120802 & 120926.you need to install 120926 to add 3g usb modem support if it is not already present.also upgrade firmware using lan connection only & connected to ups/inverter because a power loss during upgrading will result in dead unit.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
No need to upgrade. I checked 2 days ago and found out that Firmware is already up to date. Thanks for all the replies. :)

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
how is it working?i am interested in range & its performance with torrents running.

BSNL guys allotted me a number which was already in use and now they have to cancel my order and then put up a fresh order and he guy who do this job is on a leave and that dumb**** haven't taught anyone how to do that either. Now I have to wait till he gets back on Duty. :evil:

dummydave

Broken In
bro plss if u can tell me detailed performace of this router...

M very much intrested in this model but my city dealers sell nly dlink whch i dnt like much....

Plss enlighten me so that i can move forward

Top Bottom