Upgrading Computer ( For 3d Rendering & Video Processing ) ~100K

coldhart

Journeyman
My Friend Needs to upgrade PC
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?

Primary
Maya ( Mental ray, Vray, Arnold Rendering ), Nuke, Mari, Photoshop, Zbrush
Secondary
Occasional Gaming
Games- Crysis 3, Hitman Series, Battlefield Series, & majority upcoming fps games

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
~100K INR can stretch 5 to 10 k

3. Planning to overclock?
Never

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Windows 7, Windows 10, Linux ( Not sure about Distro probably CentOS or RHEL )

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Already have 8 TB so not Needed

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Already have one Dell U2715h gonna buy good 4k pro display next year

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
He have Core i7 2770, MSI Mobo ( Dead ), 16 GB Gskill Rpjaw DDr3 Ram, AMD 67** GPU, Corsair 650W PSU, NZXT Tempest Evo Cabinet, Thermalright venomous CPU Cooler so he only intend to buy Proccy, GPU, MObo ( Ram, PSU if current on is not enough or incompatible )

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
This Month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Yes, only gonna buy component we will assemble ourself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Mumbai, yes, component which will not be available at local shops will be bought from online shops

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Preferred proccy is Xeon( equivalent of i7 4770 or stronger ) Since its best for heavy loads for long duration ( Correct me if im wrong ). if it is at all possible xeon + 980i ( since its very powerful & most efficient in power usage & probably good vfm choice ) will be much appreciated

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 100k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Xeon E3-1246 V321,000
CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon V Plus
MotherboardAsus H97-PRO10,000
Graphics Card
Zotac GTX 980Ti 6GB DDR5
Mouse
Total1,00,000

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=143058]coldhart[/MENTION]

I also recommend you to go with the [MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION] configuration with small modification. Overall, I like your PC build and its all compatible to each other and easily fit in cabinet, but I also noticed that you choose only HDD for storage. I'd suggest you to add the SSD in your build. The SSD mostly used as the OS/boot drive or storage drive. It all depends on your choice and budget. I agree that the SSD is expensive, however, they are worth for every penny.

Top Bottom