Upgrade Windows Vista to Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
guys is it really worth.. ??

have anyone upgraded from vista ?

i am on dell 1530 laptop..

my vista is really starting to show signs of slowness , hangin.. symptoms of " years of usage " ....

advice me for the best thing to do..

i have old windows 7 ( beta ) , is this ok or should i have to download a fresh RC ?

how big is RC ?

i am running home premium on my 1530 dell laptop

i want to try 7

i have downloaded the RC ,

will my files be there or deleted ?

wht about my programs ?

i need help regarding these ....

how much space is needed for dual boot

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
RC is 2.03GB btw most of my friends have installed it and are loving it so much so that they have almost made it their primary OS

getting the RC DVD from a friend tom :D

I have the exact same doubt, only the difference here is that I am upgrading Windows XP Professional to Windows 7 Home Basic or Windows 7 Home Premium.

I am also hunting for prices. Is Windows 7 going to come cheap, especially considering that its recession time and unlike windows vista, windows 7 is just a continuation of previous OS's features and hence less has been spent on its R&D compared to Vista ?

Home Basic seems restricted to "emerging markets" so India is included. Good. But not sure if its available in Retail. Many say its OEM exclusive. Bad.

So Home Premium is the starting OS for retail with support for Multi Touch and Aero, which basic lacks. I am only worried about multitouch and not aero.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
There is no direct upgrade path from XP to 7. XP users will need to do a clean install of 7 and migrate their programs & settings to 7 using the User State Migration Tool. You can directly upgrade from Vista, though and all your programs and settings should remain intact.

I intend to do a clean install regardless of what OS I use because I want to see the start-from-the-scratch experience.

BTW, My rig is as follows:

1. 20GB NTFS Partition allocated for Windows XYZ.
2. 7200RPM Seagate Baracuda HDD.
3. 1GB Hynix DDR1 400MHz RAM.
4. Willing to add my 256MB DDR1 400MHz Simtronics Stick if need be.
5. Intel Pentium 4 506 CPU
6. 2.66GHz Clock Speed, 1MB L2 cache.
7. Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 Onboard GPU.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i dont know wht to do..

a clean install or upgrade ?

a clean install means i have to backup around 20 GB of my data.. and softwars i dont know...... :-(

and also can someone tell me will a upgrade delete my data ?

what about softwares i ahve installe like nero ? and others ?

an

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom