Upgrade TimE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude....

It's time for my upgrade again!! My 3 year old ASUS A8N-E mobo failed times in a week so I am off to get me a new SET ;)

So people, please suggest some great config for me.... either intel or AMD is welcome ;)... My budget is currently Rs.30000. What I need is a mobo, proccy, ram and maybe a GFX card, tho it's not a must ....

My current/existing config are"
CM 331 Elite cabinet
ASUS DVDRW optical drive
CM Extremepower 600W
Seagate 750 GB HDD
Creative Audigy Soundcard
nVidia 8600 GT :( (gotta upgrade it ;)

I use my system mainly for GAMES, although I may use it for some project on DBMS in the future... (read ORACLE)... I hope i have provided enough info... If not, please feel free to ask....

Thanks all!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Config : 1 ( Recomended )

Intel Q8200 Rs. 8800
MSI P7NSLI PLATINUM Rs. 8800
2x Palit 9800GT For SLI Rs. 14600
2x 2GB Transcend DDR2 Ram Rs. 2400

This config will give you very good performance in gaming.

Or else

Config : 2

Intel Q8200 Rs. 8800
Asus P5Q Pro Rs. 9500 or MSi p45 NEo F Rs. 6000
Palit 4870 Sonic 1Gb Edition Rs. 17500
2x 2Gb Transcend DDR2 Ram Rs. 2400

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some people Run their rig with CM600W flawlessly

Though I would suggest Corsair TX650W Power Supply or
Tagan BZ600 @ Rs. 7000 & 6000 respectively.

Here I'm giving a alternative config for Him :

Intel Q8200 Rs. 8800
MSI P45 Neo F Rs. 6000
2x 2GB Transcend DDR2 800Mhz Ram Rs. 2400
MSI 9800GTX+ OC edition Rs. 12000

Total Rs. 29200.

Which CM600W can handle easily.

Last edited:
OP
U

Ultra_Bloodshed

Broken In
is the MSI P45 NEO board good?? What about an ASUS P5Q-E or a Biostar one? also Is there some kinda problem with the CM 600 W PSU?? cause i heard that they are not that good and tends to kill a machine :p

tkin

Back to school!!
is the MSI P45 NEO board good?? What about an ASUS P5Q-E or a Biostar one? also Is there some kinda problem with the CM 600 W PSU?? cause i heard that they are not that good and tends to kill a machine :p
Asus P5Q mobo series are best.

amitash

Intel OCer
1.Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H--6.5k
2.phenom 2 920--13k
3.Palit 9800gtx+--11.5k
4.Transcend 4gb ram--2.6k
Total--34k

amitash

Intel OCer
^currently the phenom 2 920 is much faster than core 2 quad Q8200...And its easily overclockable so I would suggest a phenom2+780 combo over intel at your price range...

P.S. Its amitash not amitabh

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
1.Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H--6.5k
2.phenom 2 920--13k
3.Palit 9800gtx+--11.5k
4.Transcend 4gb ram--2.6k
Total--34k

Hey good suggestion buddy but one thing

Instead of Palit I would recommend to go for Zotac 9800GTX+ which is only Rs. 11150 & comes with XII Century - Death or Glory game bundled.

OP
U

Ultra_Bloodshed

Broken In
ok ppl... Please help me decide then....

Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3GHz OR AMD Phenom II 920 @ 2.8 GHz??

if intel, is Asus P5Q-E better than Biostar TPi45??

And if AMD, is there any better M/B and should i go for ATi or nVidia?

-----questions....questions..... :?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Ahem!! People need to check something about the biostar i45 before considering asus series. See something kickass in this cpu-z validation link :D
*valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=434920
Before people talking about credibility and all, let these links and benchmarks do the talking:
*www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=190070

OP
U

Ultra_Bloodshed

Broken In
^^ Thanks sorcerer for that input :D I think biostar is the way to go

But what about the choice between intel and amd?? Which will be better for gaming? :(

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Stick to intel since you have the budget. Get the e8400 s-spec slapc which is an E0 stepping- provided you can find it. You should see the s-spec model on the sticker of the intel processor's box near the barcode. M0 stepping (I think their s spec is slavc but not sure) are stubborn OCers and they are times they give really sad OC clocks. Get cl4 rams from g skills or corsair xms 2. G skills usually give powerchip ICs and corsair xms2, as far as I heard- its either elpida or powerchip ICs. In any case, cl4 is the way to go now. They do give cl4 latency at 1.8~1.9v so there's some room for ocing as well. Its high time you ditch that power supply before getting a graphic card.
If you are buying a card in the ranks of 4870 1GB ddr5, vx550 corsair or Real power 550 coolermaster are good choice. Corsair uses seasonic OEM and RP 550w uses acabel OEM psu as for now.

amitash

Intel OCer
^Why stick to intel when AMD is performing better for his budget range?...P2 920 is a quad core procy which I think will provide huge boosts in gaming in the coming months as nearly every game is quad optimised...For your budget AMD is the way to go..would only suggest intel (in indian prices) if you had a budget for core i7 as core2quad price cuts havent been seen here...AMD's stock cooler is also awesome..people have been OCing their P2-920s to 3.6-3.7Ghz with stock....couple this with a 9800gtx+ and you have a very good gaming rig which will last quite awhile.....I bet in another 3 months you will be seeing ppl going quad all the way....And in gaming the phenom 2 quads will kick the E8400 easily in all the latest games.

As for the mobo, I think the gigabyte one i suggested is very good value for money.

Instead of Palit I would recommend to go for Zotac 9800GTX+ which is only Rs. 11150 & comes with XII Century - Death or Glory game bundled.

Cool I didnt know the zotac one was abit cheaper...He can go for that.

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
dude go for Phenom II ... i just purchased it and performance is great when it comes to gaming.....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Ultra_Bloodshed - Get phenom 2 with Biostar 790GX mobo. Its more feature rich than 780G mobos.

Phenom 2 performs better than C2Ds & should be compared with intel core i7 cpus.

A user bought it in here & he is very happy with it :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1048964&postcount=28

amitash

Intel OCer
phenom 2 is available at lynx-india

Phenom 2 performs better than C2Ds & should be compared with intel core i7 cpus.
LOL dont even think about comparing with core i7...when it comes to high end performance intel reigns supreme...phenom 2 is not even better than all the core 2 quad cpus...the Q9550 and the extreme series beat it.

core i7 920>>>>core2extreme qx9770>>>q9650>>q9550>Phenom 2 940>Q9450,Q9400>phenom 2 920>Q9300,Q8200

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ amitash - Thanks for the heads up.

Toms Hardware benchmarked a core i7 vs. phenom 2 940. . They have not put any Q9xxx in between.

And the benchmarks they conducted for AMD using DDR2 mem. They used 3.8Ghz clock speed for core i7 & 3.64 Ghz for phenom 2 ( since higher clock speed was not stable )

So I thought about the caomparision between core i7 and phenom 2.

& said that phenom 2 is better than all C2D's like C2D 8xxx series ( which is highest in Core 2 Duo family ).

And thanks againg for clearing the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom