Upgrade time :o

Tarun

In the zone
hi guys i think of upgrade my CPU and motherboard budget is roughly around 9k at max 10k
i want to overclock the CPU and i will be Folding with the CPU too
what do you guys suggest me stick with my current cpu and upgrade the motherboard or upgrade both ??
my rig
Athlon II X4 640 @3.6Ghz
78LMT-S2P
Sunbeam Core Contact 120 mm
4 GB DDR3 + 2GB DDR3
Corsair CX430 V2
GTS 450 GDDR5

thanx in advance guys :p

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
Hi

Can you please explain what you meant by "i want to overclock the CPU and i will be Folding with the CPU too "

sukesh1090

Adam young
for processor you caan go with AMD fx4100 @ 6k and for mobo gigabyte GA 880GM USB3 @ 5k.total exceeds your budget by 1k but if you want you can go with some other 4 k mobo.

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
i thought the Fx 4100 sucks and as for motherboard i had 78LMT-USB3 @ 3.5k in mind i really m looking for CPU options now :-? and BTW will the 4100 better then my current X4 @3.6 ??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
upgrade motherboard and wait for 2nd gen FX. And this time upgrade to something more robust or at least to the 880GM USB3

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
isnt the 78LMT-USB3 enough its VRM is heatsinked it has a 8 pin power and its a decent motherboard for a overclock were else the 880GM-USB3 does not have its VRM cooled too
Does the chipset make such a big difference ???

sukesh1090

Adam young
upgrade motherboard and wait for 2nd gen FX. And this time upgrade to something more robust or at least to the 880GM USB3

^^exactly even i wanted to recommend 4300 but there is no sign of it.
@op,
better wait for 1 or 2 months if you get 4300 just grab it.its a good performer over 4100.so better wait.playing games with athlon II and gts 450 shouldn't be a problem for now.

Top Bottom