Upgrade Suggestions pls - part 3

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
Previous links : *forum.digit.in/hardware-q/186741-gpu-smps-ups-upgrade.html

I am thinking of going for the 3rd part of my upgrade .... and would like ur suggestions for CPU , Mob & ram

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:gaming at fhd

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:30000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:eek:nly if it does not break the bank(budget)

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:win 7 64-bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:not needed for now

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:no . not for now

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: smps , gpu , hdd , cabinet , monitor ....

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:End April

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Yes , but will leave it to an assembler this time ... been a while since i flexed my fingers :p

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:will be buying from kolkata .. and i am open to online shopping

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:suggest a good keyboard and mouse and ssd(outside the budget .. but should not be too extravagant)

parts to be reused
smps - rm 750
gpu - gtx 960
hdd - seagate 1tb
cabinet - 500r
:Fingerx:

Last edited:
OP
NeedToKnow

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
sorry , my bad .. didn't actually understand what those tick boxes meant until i tried to take a look at my own post without logging in .. its really very irritating ... done with necessary modifications though

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I read your previous thread. I hope to see some repetitive questions from you once people start to suggest ;)

I see it's either Haswell i7 or Skylake i5. It will be super tight to fit i7 in this budget, but it will fit or you may extend your budget a little to fit it comfortably. You have lot of time before upgrading, so you can do some research yourself.

I have no idea about gaming keyboard, mouse. And everywhere people go gaga over Samsung 850 evo, and it's not "extravagant".

OP
NeedToKnow

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
thanks for ur suggestion .. but i would really prefer an atx mob .. if it fits the budget(with m.2 support and sata port facing sideways) ,

nac

Aspiring Novelist
thanks for ur suggestion .. but i would really prefer an atx mob .. if it fits the budget(with m.2 support and sata port facing sideways) ,
Yeah, you can sure find ATX m/b in your budget. Obviously ATX costs more than micro ATX and it will hit the roof of your budget.
H170 Pro/B150 Pro gaming/H170 Pro gaming costs 10/11/12k respectively and fits your criteria.

OP
NeedToKnow

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
i have a notion that atx mb last more than their mATX counterpast ... my last mb a gigabyte h55m-s2 lasted exactly 3yrs 3months ... correct me if i am wrong ... why are atx mbs costlier ?

- - - Updated - - -

i have a notion that atx mb last more than their mATX counterpast ... my last mb a gigabyte h55m-s2 lasted exactly 3yrs 3months while i still have a intel 845gvsr up and running in times of crisis ... correct me if i am wrong ... why are atx mbs costlier ?

OP
NeedToKnow

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
whats the diff btw b150 one and h170 one .... other than the realtek codecc and pci 1x slot in the h170 one ? both dont support oc and support dimm upto 2133 mhz and how much difference does ram speed make in the real world ? and about the cpu found some interesting facts Intel Core i5 6500 vs 640 ... what do you guys say ? looks like the 6400 gets a higher score

Last edited:
OP
NeedToKnow

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
done with my bit of googling and came up with the following
Intel Core i5 6500 - 15700
Mob :- MSI H170A PC MATE / ASUS H170 PRO / GIGABYTE H170- D3H / GIGABYTE H170- GAMING 3 ~ 9000-12000
Ram - G.Skill RipJaws V 2133mhz / Kingston HyperX Fury ~ 3500

what do u guys say ? which mob should i go with ?
any suggestion for improvements ?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
done with my bit of googling and came up with the following
Intel Core i5 6500 - 15700
Mob :- MSI H170A PC MATE / ASUS H170 PRO / GIGABYTE H170- D3H / GIGABYTE H170- GAMING 3 ~ 9000-12000
Ram - G.Skill RipJaws V 2133mhz / Kingston HyperX Fury ~ 3500

what do u guys say ? which mob should i go with ?
any suggestion for improvements ?

Intel Core i5 6500 -15700,
Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H -9500,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2133Mhz DDR4 -3500.
TOTAL -28,700.

Corsair Ram has 10 years of warranty & Gigabyte has Dual bios in case if one fails.

I faced similar situation when I bought Asrock Motherboard whose Bios crashed and I could not get it RMA'ed as Digilink guys refused to accept for RMA.

OP
NeedToKnow

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
Intel Core i5 6500 -15700,
Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H -9500,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2133Mhz DDR4 -3500.
TOTAL -28,700.

Corsair Ram has 10 years of warranty & Gigabyte has Dual bios in case if one fails.

I faced similar situation when I bought Asrock Motherboard whose Bios crashed and I could not get it RMA'ed as Digilink guys refused to accept for RMA.

thanks for the suggestion ... that settles the config . But the pricing .. are they with taxes ?.. because in kolkata the prices a per online sources
Intel Core i5 6500 - 15173
Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H - 10795
but i not sure of the ram - which one ?
Search - Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Last edited:
Top Bottom