Upgrade Suggestion for my PC

virajkin

Journeyman
Hello my digit friends
I am Viraj from Goa.
About a week ago suddenly my Gigabyte Motherboard (GA-MA785GM-US2H, DDR2 RAM) started giving problem. It was not giving display through the Graphic card but on-board display was fine. I tested the graphic card on my cousins PC and it was working fine in it. After 3 days even the on-board display was not coming, board was not giving Error beeps if I remove RAM. After lot of troubleshooting I found that the motherboard is gone bad.

Now I would like to go for a New Motherboard+RAM, I have Shortlisted the below:
Motherboard: Asus M5A78LM-USB3 (USB3, 1600Mhz RAM support)
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB 1600Mhz(1*4GB) (CMX4GX3M1A1600C11). I will be getting 1 more same module in next month to work in Dual Channel
Also I was thinking to go for a new Power supply Corsair VS450 or Corsair CX430 (Suggestion required), currently using Gigabyte Superb 460W

I am having AMD AthlonII X4 635 Processor 2.9Ghz

Kindly give the Suggestions on my selection

Last edited:

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Your selection seems fine.

Both PSU are fine. Better get a 500W+ one just to be safe in future if You add a good gfx/ System Upgrade later on.

OP
V

virajkin

Journeyman
Thanks for the reply, On psu buying guide, I read that Antec VP series is better than Corsair VS & CX, Also how is Coolermaster Thunder Series? I have decided to go for 500w psu, kindly suggest the same within the budget of Rs 4000

Cilus

laborare est orare
Yes, Antec VP series is definitely better than Corsair VS series and slightly better than CS series. Better to avoid CM series PSU. Regarding Ram, try to get the G-Skill RipjawX series Ram instead of Corsair XMS3 as the former one overclocks better and also support tighter latency.
Now, I want to know that what is the budget for your motherboard?

OP
V

virajkin

Journeyman
Thanks for the reply @ Cilus, I am not much into overclocking but will consider RipjawsX depending upon price and availability.
Also regarding PSU,
Antec VP550 Rs. 3700 on flipkart, 2 year warranty
Corsair CX500 Rs. 3600 on flipkart 3 year warranty

Edit: Removed Seasonic Eco series 500W from the list because of poor reviews and not cable shields.
Added: Seasonic S12II 430W Rs 3900 & Seasonic S12II 520W Rs 4800 on Snapdeal.com to the wishlist (Offers 5 years warrenty)
so which would be a better buy?

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
If you can get seasonic s12ii 520w then go for it.Antec has some warranty extension program going on,if you get vp550p you would get a total of 4 years warranty. Antec - Support ..offer is valid till 31 December 2014.

OP
V

virajkin

Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestion, i hav decided to go for Seasonic S12II 520w, placed order for it and also for Gskill RipjawsX 4gb on snapdeal

Top Bottom