Upgrade Ram and Graphics Card for Intel Core 2 Duo E6320+ Intel DP45SG Motherboard?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
ok, my mistake I thought you have a 945G board ;) anyway, HD6670 will perform a lot better than 9400GT and if you want to use the 9400GT the only use of this is it can be used a physx card.

use of 2 gpus totally not suggested IMO, because of OP's PSU.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff

Which one you suggest the best perfomance.....

MY motherboard has no VGA output....so can i fix remaining GPU without driver install....as VGA output.....please suggest....

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff

I have doubt, after two Graphics card installed.. i played pc games ..how to verify both cards are working....if any software there to monitor...performance of Graphics card...

Cilus

laborare est orare
No, you need to have card of same series for making them work in AMD Crossfire. An HD 6670 can be crossfired with another HD 6670 or a HD 6570. But your PSU won't support it. Also CF of two weak cards are not recommended at at all.

Regarding your issue, 1st uninstall all the nVidia drivers listed in your Add or Remove Program lie Graphics Driver, PhysX Driver, 3D vision driver etc. Then also uninstall Catalyst Driver for AMD. After than plug the AMD card in your motherboard and then reinstall the latest catalyst driver.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
No, you need to have card of same series for making them work in AMD Crossfire. An HD 6670 can be crossfired with another HD 6670 or a HD 6570. But your PSU won't support it. Also CF of two weak cards are not recommended at at all.

Regarding your issue, 1st uninstall all the nVidia drivers listed in your Add or Remove Program lie Graphics Driver, PhysX Driver, 3D vision driver etc. Then also uninstall Catalyst Driver for AMD. After than plug the AMD card in your motherboard and then reinstall the latest catalyst driver.

Still now i am not facing any problem...Can do one thing ...MY motherboard has no VGA output....so can i fix remaining (Asus NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 1GB) without driver install....as VGA output.....please suggest....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you would you want to use the 9400Gt as a vga output card - even if you do so this card needs to be configured as primary gpu and the HD6670 will remain unused inside of the cabinet. If the HD6670 has no VGA output you can always use DVI-VGA adapter to use your monitors with only vga port.

So either stop using the 9400GT or else with some moded drivers and tweaks you can only use it as a physx driver.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
My motherboard Intel DP45SG Motherboard, Connector 1 x 4 power supply cable was not connected. Pls suggest what is purpose of this 1 x 4 connector.

Find the attachment...View attachment 11995

you would you want to use the 9400Gt as a vga output card - even if you do so this card needs to be configured as primary gpu and the HD6670 will remain unused inside of the cabinet. If the HD6670 has no VGA output you can always use DVI-VGA adapter to use your monitors with only vga port.

So either stop using the 9400GT or else with some moded drivers and tweaks you can only use it as a physx driver.

I installed MSI Afterburner,Geeks3D PhysX FluidMark,GPU Caps Viewer and CPUID CPU-Z after i checked Asus NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 1GB graphics card not shown.....i think to remove this card....also your suggestion,....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
that 4 pin power connector is for providing additional power to some high end gfx card in multi gpu setup - you can only ind this connector only some of the most high end boards today but generally it's not needed as modern gfx cards don't consume lots of power compared to older cards [ read when the board was released ].

For using 9400gt a physx card you need moded drivers :
Hybrid PhysX mod v1.03 / v1.05ff

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
that 4 pin power connector is for providing additional power to some high end gfx card in multi gpu setup - you can only ind this connector only some of the most high end boards today but generally it's not needed as modern gfx cards don't consume lots of power compared to older cards [ read when the board was released ].

For using 9400gt a physx card you need moded drivers :
Hybrid PhysX mod v1.03 / v1.05ff

Now i am using only AMD Radeon HD 6670 Graphics card. Please suggest...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure if you are using the HD6670 only what else there's left to suggest, anyway :

1. you don't need to connect a molex cable to that 4 pin connector on the mobo as HD6670 consumes very little power.
2. If you want the 9400GT as a PPU install the card again, go through the thread link I've mentioned and follow the instructions correctly.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
I'm not sure if you are using the HD6670 only what else there's left to suggest, anyway :

1. you don't need to connect a molex cable to that 4 pin connector on the mobo as HD6670 consumes very little power.
2. If you want the 9400GT as a PPU install the card again, go through the thread link I've mentioned and follow the instructions correctly.

For latest pc games additional power required?

What is the purpose of eSata connector? (provided on back panel)

and one more..

Front panel CIR receiver (input) header & Back panel CIR transmitter (output) header ?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
no HD6670 does not require any sort of additional power no matter what game you want to with this.

Consider e-stat as a USb connector - some devices like external HDD used to come with esata port as it has it's own advantages over usb connector but usb is more widely used.

CIR - these are the IR headers and you can find more info here about it's possible usage :
Commercial IR on G33 board-how to?

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
I am recently bought second hand system ....

Configuration is...
Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 Processor
Intel DP45SG Motherboard
Kingston DDR3 2GB RAM PC3-10700 (667 MHz)
Radeon HD 6670 Graphics card
UMAX 600W SMPS
WD GREEN 1TB Hard disk + Seagate 500GB
Windows 7 sp1 32bit + Windows 7 sp1 64bit

Now recently added 2GB RAM...check with link it is ok?

*i.imgur.com/O6ROhSp.jpg

*i.imgur.com/RNB9Jvj.jpg

*i.imgur.com/VxUOKOG.jpg

Also i like change my processor Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600 (8M Cache, 2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)
For 2000 rs...it is worth?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Both memory modules have different timings but as long as they work OK with each other there's nothing to be alarmed about. Do some prime95 test to check memory stability before getting the Q6600.

The cpu upgrade is absolutely worth the price ... just get a good branded PSU and a cpu cooler. OC the cpu around ~3.4Ghz and you'll get some awesome performance boost.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Both memory modules have different timings but as long as they work OK with each other there's nothing to be alarmed about. Do some prime95 test to check memory stability before getting the Q6600.

The cpu upgrade is absolutely worth the price ... just get a good branded PSU and a cpu cooler. OC the cpu around ~3.4Ghz and you'll get some awesome performance boost.

Before,i am wrongly installed ram on single channel mode.... SINGLE.jpg....

After that installed correctly Dual channel mode (Rectified by rijinpk1).....Untitled.jpg

My question is 32 bit maximum ram usage is 4GB...
why my system only shows "4GB (2GB usable)"....it rejects completely 2GB ram..? that was my query? See the above 2nd attachment...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because the OS is Windows 7 Starter which has system memory limitation of 2GB :D

Top Bottom