Upgrade Nokia 3230 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I read on the forum the software upgradation.(Turn K750i into W800i).
Is it possible to perform with nokia symbian phones.I have a Nokia 3230.
I want to modify it to get the full juice out of it.Is there any software for it?
Please mention.

Awaiting replies.....
Thank you

sam_1710

Youngling
u can convert a symbian fone to some other model if n only if they've the same hardware!! (i mean.. exactly the same insides.. ) ..
dat is.. u can convert oridnary symbians to its corresponding "music edition" or internet edition" .. etc...
AFAIK 3230 cant be converted to anythin!!!

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Download the latest version of Nokia PC Suite and let the Phone software updater module do the job for you.

I recently converted my N80 to N80 internet edition by just running the firmware update. It is quite straightforward.

sam_1710

Youngling
^^^ hey buddy... u cant convert ur N80 to N80 internet edition using only NSU .. u need a software(Nemesis.. ) to change its PID..

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
deepakchan said:
Download the latest version of Nokia PC Suite and let the Phone software updater module do the job for you.

I recently converted my N80 to N80 internet edition by just running the firmware update. It is quite straightforward.
It works on 3230? Last time I saw it didn't work on 3230.
You could only update the firmware, that too you need to go to a Nokia care centre.

blacklight

Journeyman
Updating the PC firmware thru the PC suite works for 3250 .But not for 3230.
It doesn't show up on the supported device list

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
sam_1710 said:
^^^ hey buddy... u cant convert ur N80 to N80 internet edition using only NSU .. u need a software(Nemesis.. ) to change its PID..

Been there, done that. Now I'm using VOIP and other such features which are available in the internet edition.

qadirahmed

Journeyman
Hello Guys what about me........ im using 7610..... can i upgrade it...? i think i have a virus problm too....

so please suggess me in detail.....

Pathik

Google Bot
^^the most u can do is format it and upgrade its firmware... but u cant install ny other fone's os in it...

qadirahmed

Journeyman
oooo thx dude...... can u tell me what is firmware......? and how can i upgrade it?

u mean we can change our fone to any other modle also.....?

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
1)For what is firmware refer: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmware

2)You can upgrade firmware of your mobile by using pc suite or giving it to nokia centre.(If you own a nokia phone,offcourse).

3)We can not change our phone to any other model.Look at the second post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom