Galaxy Nvidia 8400gs graphic Card
Seagate 250GB 7200 RPM HDD
Sony Combo Drive
LG DVD-RW Drive
Sony Floppy Drive
LG 15" CRT monitor (Studioworks 563A)
Generic Mercury Cabinet with SMPS
Numeric 500W UPS

I want to upgrade my pc to support the latest games even at high resolutions without bottlenecking my processor.Can you please suggest me the highest possible Graphic card that would run on my pc and the required PSU,22" Monitor and Cabinet upgrades ,also (if needed) please suggest an upgrade to RAM also.My budget is 35000 and i will be mostly purchasing them online and assemble myself.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/149943-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html

OP
M

mshashank31

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Gaming and Browsing

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:35000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:Already have WD 1TB harddrive

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes, 22" Monitor Full HD

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: My current Desktop config is as follows :
Intel Core2duo E7200 2.53ghz
2 GB DDR2 Transcend RAM
Intel DG31PR Motherboard
Galaxy Nvidia 8400gs graphic Card
Seagate 250GB 7200 RPM HDD
Sony Combo Drive
LG DVD-RW Drive
Sony Floppy Drive
LG 15" CRT monitor (Studioworks 563A)
Generic Mercury Cabinet with SMPS
Numeric 500W UPS

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:In 1 week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:I will do Myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Online (Flipkart)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:I want to upgrade my pc to support the latest games even at high resolutions without bottlenecking my processor.Can you please suggest me the highest possible Graphic card that would run on my pc and the required PSU,22" Monitor and Cabinet upgrades ,also (if needed) please suggest an upgrade to RAM also.My budget is 35000 and i will be mostly purchasing them online and assemble myself.

Mr.V

Journeyman
I think you should completely change the mobo and processor.I think any high end graphic card will be bottleneck because of that processor.
If yes,then i can suggest you an AMD config! :) (powerful stuff! ):cool::punch:

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Upgrade everything except HDD and DVD Writer: :)

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Phenom II X4 955/965/970 BE|6400
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H (rev. 3.1)|4000
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1)|1193
Graphic Card |MSI R6850 Cyclone PE/OC|9750
PSU |FSP Saga II 500W|2200
Case |NZXT Source 210 Elite|2300
Monitor |Benq G2222HDL|7600
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK200|700
Speakers |Logitech Z313|1680
| Total |36000(approx)

Mr.V

Journeyman
Upgrade everything except HDD and DVD Writer: :)

Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Phenom II X4 955/965/970 BE|6400
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H (rev. 3.1)|4000
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1)|1193
Graphic Card |MSI R6850 Cyclone PE/OC|9750
PSU |FSP Saga II 500W|2200
Case |NZXT Source 210 Elite|2300
Monitor |Benq G2222HDL|7600
Keyboard & Mouse |Logitech MK200|700
Speakers |Logitech Z313|1680
| Total |36000(approx)

I think you can remove the monitor, (if possible) and get a X6 1100T (or 1090T)

OP
M

mshashank31

Broken In
Thanks for your prompt reply but my parents wont let me upgrade entire pc.Can u please suggest me the highest possible graphic card only which would not bottleneck my present pc.Thanks !!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for full hd gaming, you'll need HD6850/6870. for psu check Corsair GS600. keep rest everything as it is. later when Intel Ivy Bridge is released, get a new processor, motherboard & ram.

OP
M

mshashank31

Broken In
Thanks for your help :)

One more question : The cabinet i currently use is an ordinary one with one fan and has psu slot at the top.Can i use it to run corsair gs 600 and ati radeon hd 6850 ?

OP
M

mshashank31

Broken In
The only problem i think is nowadays the psu are having fan at the top but my cabinet is entirely covered at the top and my current PSU has fan at the rear side.Will buying a psu like GS600 which has fan at top create problems.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
The only problem i think is nowadays the psu are having fan at the top but my cabinet is entirely covered at the top and my current PSU has fan at the rear side.Will buying a psu like GS600 which has fan at top create problems.
You can place it with fan facing downwards ;)

OP
M

mshashank31

Broken In
Thanks guys for all your support :)

I want one more suggestion whether i should choose sapphire hd 6870 or asus gtx 560 ti.My motherboard has microatx form factor will asus gtx 560 ti which is 9.0" long fit in this motherboard.:-?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ GPU needs a PCIe X16 slot only. doesn't matter if you have a microITX or a EATX board. just check that the side opposite to the GPU slot is clear of any floppy drive racks or HDDs. if you get a GPU with power connectors at the front, it can be a tricky task to have them connected.

Top Bottom