hi guys..
here is my PC config:
intel p4 2.4 ghz
asrock intel 865gv
512 mb ddr266 ram
80gb ata HDD
bigtek nvidia geforce 6200 agp
rest is not important..
now the thing is i want to upgrade my computer..
i don't want to sell my graphics card as i recently brought it and i am extremely happy with its performance.
the problem is that i am a student and i don't have a big budget so i can't upgrade my mobo AND my processor...
i feel i need to upgrade my mobo as the 865 chipset is really old.. but i need a new mobo which still supports AGP8x.
also the m/b must support my current processor(478 socket).. i think this is not possible... am i right?
my other concern is that my harddisk is the old ATA one and it has too much precious data.
please advise me on what to do..

mohit

The Hardware Labs
post your exact budget for the upgrade. and please mention why do u wanna upgrade ?? where exactly do u want the perfomance boost like in gaming or in anything else ??

still what i suggest is you do the following,

Get an ASUS P4C-800 series mobo .. they are of the excellent performing Intel 875P chipset. This will cost you around 4-5k.

Upgrade your RAM to 512 MB DDR 400 from Kingston/Corsair/Transcend. This will be for 2.5k.

Buy a new Seagate SATA HDD and you can still use the old HDD also. This will be for 2.8k.

The above upgrade will be a boost in perfomance but not all the very best also. And the 865 chipset is also very decent and I dont see any real benefit of changing it. If you want better perfomance in gaming then just change your graphics card and upgrade your ram to ddr 400 512mb.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
mohit said:
post your exact budget for the upgrade. and please mention why do u wanna upgrade ?? where exactly do u want the perfomance boost like in gaming or in anything else ??

still what i suggest is you do the following,

Get an ASUS P4C-800 series mobo .. they are of the excellent performing Intel 875P chipset. This will cost you around 4-5k.

Upgrade your RAM to 512 MB DDR 400 from Kingston/Corsair/Transcend. This will be for 2.5k.

Buy a new Seagate SATA HDD and you can still use the old HDD also. This will be for 2.8k.

The above upgrade will be a boost in perfomance but not all the very best also. And the 865 chipset is also very decent and I dont see any real benefit of changing it. If you want better perfomance in gaming then just change your graphics card and upgrade your ram to ddr 400 512mb.

I dont think Asus P4C800 boards are available anymore.Even if they are i dont think they would cost 4-5k,definitely not.. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom