Upgrade from Current Dual Core PC to i7 - Please Guide

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
You need to proofread your long ass posts.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

No that needs to be done by the OP,if he needs to get a clear picture of what he is going to do..

Also wrt to 750Ti not supporting Dx12. A quick google search would tell you that it DOES support Dx12. However there are certain factors that come out.
1) No Nvidia 9** or Keplar cards can fully support Dx12. And I am skeptic about fermi.

The way they make Dx12 playable on these cards is by throwing in lot of emulations and approximations.This is what Dx 12 is all about.
Heigher draw calls of CPU before GPU renders the scene.
Now a chipset with better computational power would do more justise to Dx compared to a 750Ti.
Hence again boosting the fact that if both of them emulate,go with the one that does it faster and better.

Last edited:

yasho2249

Broken In
No one cares about the amd cards? XD [MENTION=139873]shekhar[/MENTION] I know you are an nvidia fan but you should consider other cards when suggesting. About OP waiting,yes it will definitely help as he/she will be able to increase his/her budget and the prices will fall after the new cards drop but the 970 currently ships for around 25k and I don't think it will come below 20k. Yes agreed that it is the sweet spot for 1080p but pairing it with an i3 also concerns me. What about amd cards? The r9 380 to be specific. It is something will would preferably pair with an i3. It beats the 960 in most games and since we are talking about dx12 the Fiji architecture of amd seems to have great performance gains in dx12 with something like a 390X beating the 980 in some cases and equalling in most not to mention that 390X is cheaper. Also the 380 has 4gh vram compared to 970's 3.5gb (burn haha....). The only thing is that it ships for a higher price in India though it should be equal to a 960 in price and its higher heat output which should not be that worring. The polaris seems to release soon and that will reduce its price. Currently the 380 goes for 19k. I hope it drops to the price of 960. Or the next best bet is 960 4gb variant. The problem with 960 is I don't see the price falling until the 1060 releases which is next year I guess....not really sure on that. That pair with mobo and ram should cost around 30k.
Some videos to back my speech

Top 5 Best Graphics Cards Under $200 - Early 2016 - YouTube
Ashes of the Singularity DX12 Multi-GPU Tech Analysis - Run AMD and Nvidia Cards Together! - YouTube
DX12 GPU and CPU Performance Tested: Ashes of the Singularity Benchmark - YouTube

Sent from my D5322 using Tapatalk

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
No one cares about the amd cards? XD [MENTION=139873]shekhar[/MENTION] I know you are an nvidia fan but you should consider other cards when suggesting. About OP waiting,yes it will definitely help as he/she will be able to increase his/her budget and the prices will fall after the new cards drop but the 970 currently ships for around 25k and I don't think it will come below 20k. Yes agreed that it is the sweet spot for 1080p but pairing it with an i3 also concerns me. What about amd cards? The r9 380 to be specific. It is something will would preferably pair with an i3. It beats the 960 in most games and since we are talking about dx12 the Fiji architecture of amd seems to have great performance gains in dx12 with something like a 390X beating the 980 in some cases and equalling in most not to mention that 390X is cheaper. Also the 380 has 4gh vram compared to 970's 3.5gb (burn haha....). The only thing is that it ships for a higher price in India though it should be equal to a 960 in price and its higher heat output which should not be that worring. The polaris seems to release soon and that will reduce its price. Currently the 380 goes for 19k. I hope it drops to the price of 960. Or the next best bet is 960 4gb variant. The problem with 960 is I don't see the price falling until the 1060 releases which is next year I guess....not really sure on that. That pair with mobo and ram should cost around 30k.
Some videos to back my speech

Top 5 Best Graphics Cards Under $200 - Early 2016 - YouTube
Ashes of the Singularity DX12 Multi-GPU Tech Analysis - Run AMD and Nvidia Cards Together! - YouTube
DX12 GPU and CPU Performance Tested: Ashes of the Singularity Benchmark - YouTube

Sent from my D5322 using Tapatalk

Hey man!
The reason i dont recommend AMD Cards to people is becuase i know so little about them.
I sincerely lost interest in AMD cards long back.
Once they had a time frame when they suffered from severe driver issues(still persists in many cards) and thermal issues.
Thats when i lost my interest in them, and they lost singnificant market chunk too.
Also dont worry about i3+970.
A skylake i3 6100 doesnt even bottleneck a titan card(even i was surpised when i saw the benchmarks)
Skylake 6100+ titanX== 100 avg FR in GTA5.

Although the 100 avg fps were from a force unlocked 6100.Not the standard 6100.
So, i think if you unlock your 6100.There would be no cases of bottlenecking.

However Intel is planning to close this unlock feature,bit i think they havnt done it as of now.
But i might be wrong here.
Double check it if u may.

Last edited:

yasho2249

Broken In
Hey man!
The reason i dont recommend AMD Cards to people is becuase i know so little about them.
I sincerely lost interest in AMD cards long back.
Once they had a time frame when they suffered from severe driver issues(still persists in many cards) and thermal issues.
Thats when i lost my interest in them, and they lost singnificant market chunk too.
Also dont worry about i3+970.
A skylake i3 6100 doesnt even bottleneck a titan card(even i was surpised when i saw the benchmarks)
Skylake 6100+ titanX== 100 avg FR in GTA5.

Although the 100 avg fps were from a force unlocked 6100.Not the standard 6100.
So, i think if you unlock your 6100.There would be no cases of bottlenecking.

However Intel is planning to close this unlock feature,bit i think they havnt done it as of now.
But i might be wrong here.
Double check it if u may.
I don't want to get in that i3 and titan debate. Already alot mess over here. Just wanted to tell the amd cards are good unlike the cpus. If zen brings something, if not it's gonna be all Intel

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Yeah..time will tell..amd those guys abouve gave up i guess..
Maybe it was hard proving those points.
Anyways as of now its all intel.
I saw even for benchmarking their own GPUs, AMD uses intel Processoer.
It's like they themselves know how bad AMD CPUs suck.
Also I wont hold my breath for Zen.

Top Bottom