Upgrade from CRT to LED Monitor?

shreeux

Movie Buff
After 5 years of using CRT...Now i like to Upgrade to LED Monitor...So after upgrade needs to use another 5 years..So upgrade with future proof....

SIZE IS 24 to 27..

Budget will raise according to future proof..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Can't suggest anything without knowing your budget. Secondly what do you do on your PC mainly, is it gaming, watching movies or just casual web browsing?

If you're a serious gamer and you're looking for a monitor which will serve you good for next 5 years then you might wanna get a 1440p unit? Check Primeabgb.

Only three brands I will recommend, Asus, Samsung and BenQ.

This is if you're ready to spend over 20k.

But if you're looking at low budget one, then look at Dell.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Can't suggest anything without knowing your budget. Secondly what do you do on your PC mainly, is it gaming, watching movies or just casual web browsing?

If you're a serious gamer and you're looking for a monitor which will serve you good for next 5 years then you might wanna get a 1440p unit? Check Primeabgb.

Only three brands I will recommend, Asus, Samsung and BenQ.

This is if you're ready to spend over 20k.

But if you're looking at low budget one, then look at Dell.

My usage is..

Surfing
Reading (e-books)
Trading
Movies
Gaming

Budget below 25K...!!

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well at 25k the best 1200p will be Asus PB248Q. It's an IPS panel.

For budget 1200p, Dell U2412M. Which I use, it's a decent monitor. Price is around 18-19k.

For VA panel, I will definitely recommend the Samsung S27C750P, you can guess from the model no. it's a 27" model. You can get the 24" of the same at much lower cost if you want.

That's it. Need IPS at 25k? Go for the Asus. Need IPS at budget? Go for the Dell. Need VA? Go for the Samsung.

I personally will recommend VA anytime over IPS. You didn't say that you will do any photography related work, so basically IPS makes no sense. The Samsung one is however 1080p, while the Asus and the Dell are 1200p. Technically 1200p is 30.5% more PPI than 1080p, thus more future proof. But as gaming is not your main priority either of these should serve you well for at least 3 years.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Well at 25k the best 1200p will be Asus PB248Q. It's an IPS panel.

For budget 1200p, Dell U2412M. Which I use, it's a decent monitor. Price is around 18-19k.

For VA panel, I will definitely recommend the Samsung S27C750P, you can guess from the model no. it's a 27" model. You can get the 24" of the same at much lower cost if you want.

That's it. Need IPS at 25k? Go for the Asus. Need IPS at budget? Go for the Dell. Need VA? Go for the Samsung.

I personally will recommend VA anytime over IPS. You didn't say that you will do any photography related work, so basically IPS makes no sense. The Samsung one is however 1080p, while the Asus and the Dell are 1200p. Technically 1200p is 30.5% more PPI than 1080p, thus more future proof. But as gaming is not your main priority either of these should serve you well for at least 3 years.

Any IPS panel more that 120hz,
also
Flicker Free
Low blue for eye strain
MOtion blur
Integrated speakers
All inputs...!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom