Right off the assembly line
Hello guys.

I have ~4 years old PC with following specs;

Processor- P4
Motherboard: Intel 945G
RAM: 2GB DDR3
HDD: 320 GB
Graphics card: ASUS EN210 SILENT 1GB

I got this mother along with graphics card upgraded 2 months back. But since proccy is very low end and i plan to upgrade the same; iam thinking to go with all new mobo and proccy. My usage would be, mid end gaming, and sometimes movies.

I want to keep this same graphics card. But want an upgrade with mobo and processor. This is what i think. But i can change my mind if u more experienced guys would suggest something. my budget is ~7k. But i can extend it if something considerably better could be bought upon adding up to 1.5k.

Please let me know if iam required to be more specific somewhere.

Thanks and regards :)

Processor: Intel Core i3 2100 @ 6k
Motherboard: Any H61 Motherboard @ 2-2.5k

The graphics card is not sufficient for a mid range gaming setup. For mid range gaming you need a 6770 atleast. For entry level gaming look for a 5670 [DDR5] or a 6670.

OP
Q

quick_learner

Thanks for the reply mate :)

Thing is like i have not yet asked my parents upto what amount would they be letting me buy. It was my rough guess to be around~7k. What do you guys suggest the least budget i should keep so as to get best possible combination for my requirements???

Thanks!

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Component Make Price
CPU AMD Phenom II 960T 6800
Motherboard Asus M4A88T-M 4600
Total 11400

Much more future proof than i3-2100.

Or, Intel Pentium G620 @ 3.3K
Gigabyte H61-D2H @ 3.2K

confog, Thanks @Clius.

OP
Q

quick_learner

Thanks for the reply mate :)

I have no expert knowledge into hardware. And i shared this combination (proccy and mobo) with a friend of mine. He said like you double confirm with some knowledgeable about their compatibility. He once got a new proccy ( i am not sure model and all) and he was being thrown an error that proccy wasnt compatible with motherboard. What does this means guys?

And will the advised pair of proccy and mobo in post be perfectly fine :D

Actually i am not much knowledgeful so want to clear every doubt from you guys :)

Thanks!

Top Bottom