Upgradation Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
I plan to do my work at 1680 X 1050 and casual gaming on this resolution only. I want good eye candy while working daily tasks, don't want to wait for things to load. So I should go for 4850, i guess.

Which brand? Palit?
Whats the price in delhi? ~11k but anyone knows exact?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Which brand? Palit?
Whats the price in delhi? ~11k but anyone knows exact?

Sapphire I suppose, and yes its around 11.5k (Kolkata People asking 9900/- + VAT :lol:) also try Samsung 22'' LCD 2243NWX @ Rs. 12.5k + VAT I think :D

*www.samsung.com/in/consumer/detail...lcdmonitors&model_cd=LS22MYNKF/XTP&fullspec=F

Last edited:
OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
Samsung 22'' LCD 2243NWX @ Rs. 12.5k + VAT I think :D

*www.samsung.com/in/consumer/detail...lcdmonitors&model_cd=LS22MYNKF/XTP&fullspec=F

Shouldn't 5ms response time of this screen be a problem? Whats recommended for gaming and HDs?

It doesn't even have a DVI port :confused:

Last edited:
your motherboard has integrated graphics and i think u have wasted some money for that.
8800GT is very god card but try the new 9600GT or 9800GT.According to digit the new cards are slightly better than 8800GT and are available at a good price about 12000 3 months back.Anyway 8800GT is a very good option.If you are spending so much time infront of your high-end pc then look for a silent graphics card.

You then got to have a good power suply.

Dont go and look for alternatives to the Dell display.It is one of the best available in the market and also the Digit Best Buy!

I like to hear all other's comments.

As for the ram is concerned go for Dual channel ram from corsair dominator available at 2k<2GB<3k.
Buying blindly on what Digit suggests is stupid and can make a jackass out of you since price is not given a good priority by them and they often quote wrong or obsolete prices.

9600GT sucks, since its only 1k less than 8800GT and HD4850.

Get 9600GSO if you need to get a good VFM and still get good performance. Palit 9600GSO 384MB Sonic is 6.3K.

9800GT is not yet out, and even if it comes, it can't compete with HD4870.

22" is ok, but I still recommend Dell 19" monitors, available for 9.5k inclusive of taxes, since you still get the same resolutions in these and cheap 22" displays. But if you DO need a big screen, get samsung.

He has not wasted any money on his mobo with intergrated graphics. His is one of the best kick-ass mobos ever made by intel and its still alive after all these years. Its similar to the AMD 690G in terms of the long life it has had. And the price difference is hardly anything between onboard and no onboard graphics intel systems. Infact, paying Rs. 500 extra for onboard ensures that you can keep using the onboard for some time so that you are able to buy the GPU at the right time, instead of rushing its purchase. The X3000 graphics in 965G can even play crysis(though at ultra low settings).

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
I am looking for this and if I dont get it I want something good like this one only.

And I mean just the 5ms response time, not specifically for this screen.

@MetalheadGautham

I am going with Ati HD4850 512MD GDDR3

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
ati has no issues.... now a days... at this price point hd4850 is the best card.
it will easily run stuff at 1680X1050..
the brands i suggest u go for are.. Sapphire,Palit,powercolor,Gecube or MSI..

5ms response time is fine... for ur lcd. it will be good enough for ur games & HD's etc.

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
so did u get the 4850

Nope. I am unsure of the brand. Can anyone provide a preference among them with reason.
Also I have another system which has a HDD that the computer is unable to detect now. Is the only solution to this problem is buying a new one?

A little refresh on the topic :
I have a iball cabinet and don't remember what's the wattage rating of the PSU which came along?
I have the following config :
Core2Duo E4400 2.0Ghz (I will either O.C. it or buy a new one later)
Intel DG965RY
512MB DDR2 (Will buy 2 X 1 GB stick and use them)
LG L226WTQ
DVD writer

I am going to buy a ATI HD 4850 and someone suggested me to go for a Corsair VX450W or CM 500W or 600W.

Anyone aware of the cost in Delhi?
VX450W is above 3k and I can't spend more than 3k (unless its not absolutely necessary).
And do I need a CM 600W PSU? I think CM 500W will be enough.
Please guide.

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

500W should be good enough...
my preferred brands are Sapphire & MSI.. they give good quality stuff so i suggest u go with them..
Palit will be cheaper.. but it is also good enough..u can go with it .. if u want to save money

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
I Bought the following from Nehru Place, Delhi :
Pulse Systems
103, Skyline House, 85, Nehru Place

Palit 4850 @ 11.6k
CM 500W PSU @ 2.5k

SMC Internationals
B-10&11, Meghdoot Building, 94, Nehru Place

OCZ (800Mhz-Matched Pair 2 X 1GB 4-4-4-12) @ 3.2k

Computer Empire
205, Meghdoot Building, Nehru Place

Seagate HDD 80GB IDE @ 1.77k

ssk_the_gr8

cool... man.. so havin fun with ur 4850 :D
u have got good prices...
hey why did u buy a 80 gb hdd only?budget nahi tha.. :D
& could u tell me the prices.. of MSI & Sapphire.. & other brands hd4850/hd4870

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
cool... man.. so havin fun with ur 4850 :D
u have got good prices...
hey why did u buy a 80 gb hdd only?budget nahi tha.. :D
& could u tell me the prices.. of MSI & Sapphire.. & other brands hd4850/hd4870

CM ka PSU blow up yesterday cuz I didnt set it to 230V and i got it replaced today. Don't have any game with me, so havn't seen what this card can do on my 22" screen.

80GB IDE is for my old PC, budget to 25ka tha jo 30+ chala gaya......:D

4850 is nt easily available in Nehru Place, i was quoted 12.6k & 14.7k too with others declining its availability (one even said it hasn't launched here).

Update: He told me that Sapphire make will be available @ 11.7k
I confirmed the order (he himself gave 100bucks discount) but when it arrived at his shop, it was of Palit make. I was more than happy.

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

i am also looking for 4850.. i am gettin a gecube hd4850 for 11.8k..im not able to find any other brands.
will try to bargain more i guess..maybe the guy will ghatao 100-200 bucks [:D]

vamsi360

Always confused
Buying blindly on what Digit suggests is stupid and can make a jackass out of you since price is not given a good priority by them and they often quote wrong or obsolete prices.

9600GT sucks, since its only 1k less than 8800GT and HD4850.

Get 9600GSO if you need to get a good VFM and still get good performance. Palit 9600GSO 384MB Sonic is 6.3K.

9800GT is not yet out, and even if it comes, it can't compete with HD4870.

22" is ok, but I still recommend Dell 19" monitors, available for 9.5k inclusive of taxes, since you still get the same resolutions in these and cheap 22" displays. But if you DO need a big screen, get samsung.

He has not wasted any money on his mobo with intergrated graphics. His is one of the best kick-ass mobos ever made by intel and its still alive after all these years. Its similar to the AMD 690G in terms of the long life it has had. And the price difference is hardly anything between onboard and no onboard graphics intel systems. Infact, paying Rs. 500 extra for onboard ensures that you can keep using the onboard for some time so that you are able to buy the GPU at the right time, instead of rushing its purchase. The X3000 graphics in 965G can even play crysis(though at ultra low settings).

Dude thanks for ur rejections of my choices.I think i have made correct decissions except with graphics card where i have mentioned 9800GT in place of 9800GX2.Anyway Radeon HD4870 is excellent and very cheap than Nvidia offerings.A must buy for now!
X3000 graphics are just decent and not that excellent as u mentioned from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom