updating ati drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyCo

In the zone
can someone pls explain to me how to update my ati card drivers ??
nvidia was so easy ..

i went to the ati site /downloads ... but there are so many options rage etcetc .... also then so many softwares .. i downloaded a lot of em and installed all and then restarted .. it now says ati media center corrupt pls reinstall ..

??

pls tell me exactly what i need to download for my ati X800XL

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well which card ru having...
like mine is ATi Radeon 9200 SE

if u have radeon series....download d catalyst from d site....remove ur previous drivers....n intall ur new drivers

*support.ati.com
can ask if u need any help...most welcome

cheers

OP
C

CyCo

In the zone
i did that ....

but when i uninstall it gives me some weird error ...

can u tell me how i kno whether my drivers are installed properly or not ??

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
u shud be get in ur hardware section in my-computer properties....there shudnt be any cross, exclamation or question mark in ur video driver....

infact why u need to update drivers unless u facing any problem wit ur current drivers...

cheers

Here's a suggestion. Get Omega Drivers. They are nothing but ATi's Catalyst drivers tweaked for performance and image quality. Also included is ATi Tray Tools which is great for quick access to various settings and also profile based overclocking.

*omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php

If you still need the original catalyst drivers, here's the link (radeon, WinXP)

*support.ati.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=640

The first link on this page includes Ati's crappy/bloated Catalyst Control Center. Totally useless IMHO and requires .Net.

The last link is the drivers without CCC.

Since you look new to ATI's here's a link to something that you'll find very helpful. Bookmark it and read it in your free time. It's a guide on getting the best out of your ATI card.

*www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_1.html

Cheers,
Keith

- Keith

OP
C

CyCo

In the zone
@keith

thanks a ton dude ...

infact i updated so many drivers for mobo and graphics that it gave me the infamous blue screen on startup and then i had to remove all drivers in safe mode .. ;)

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
hey im having both ati radeon and intel onboard graphics adapter installed by default....though im attached to agp (ati)....how do i get rid of this intel which is also sharing 1 mb from my ram...theres no option for disable in on-board memory...(there are only 1mb or 8mb options)

ps:- board is gigabye intel 845GV (award bios)
thanx
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom