Unusual Torrent Behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
Hello guys.

I'm experiencing a strange behaviour when downloading torrents.

Its like this:-

Torrents with huge number of seeders & leechers give extremely slow speed while downloading, and those with comparatively very few or limited number give extremely high speeds.

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/a_to_z123/uTorrent.jpg

Its the same whether I download them one-by-one or download 3-4 at a time. The behaviour is the same.

I have experienced this with many torrents getting the same result.

Even though such torrents with huge number of S/L connect to numerous peers, but downloading takes place from only 3-5 peers, and no more than that at any moment of time..

Is this normal or is there something I need to do??

Rest I confirm that my OS is perfectly configured for TCP/IP (being Vista SP2) and all the respective settings in μTorrent are fine!

Please enlighten!

RBX

In the zone
Huh, I was going to post my question regarding torrents, then I saw this thread.

So my questions can go in this !?

1) I created a torrent, I want my friends to upload that without downloading first, how to do that ? (We are comfortable with utorrent)

2) How to add more trackers to the list of trackers, once I've uploaded the torrent ? There is no update feature :|

3) Is there a way to use the same utorrent across different profiles. Whenever I open utorrent from different user profile(which doesn't have utorrent installed from it), it starts installation and gets into a new directory, therefore working on same torrent across different profiles becomes a pain.

4) Is it possible to use two internet connections simultaneously on a computer(and download/upload using both) ?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
1) I created a torrent, I want my friends to upload that without downloading first, how to do that ? (We are comfortable with utorrent)

If they haven't downloaded it, they don't have it. then what do you want them to upload???
if they already have the content, then while adding the torrent just ask them to set the location to the folder where it is stored. uTorrent will check if the content matches and if it is the same then it will start uploading it.

@a_to_z_123
The behaviour is normal if the to total combined speed you are getting is full speed of downloading of your connection

RBX

In the zone
@a_to_z_123: Press [Ctrl] + [G] and select the apt speed. (assuming that you are using utorrent)

@Cool Buddy: Oh! While adding... I used to relocate the files after adding the torrent and blatantly the utorrent used to overwrite my existing files. Thanks, I'll give it a try.

OP
a_to_z123

a_to_z123

@a_to_z_123
The behaviour is normal if the to total combined speed you are getting is full speed of downloading of your connection

Hey Coolbuddy,

I get the same speed with those torrents whether I download them alone or with 2-3 other torrents. I mentioned it in my post.

That's what the unusual behaviour is, considering gigantic number of S & L.

Whereas, torrents with few number of S & L give me speeds upto 230 KBps.

I dunno what's wrong. And it happens with all torrents with such large amount of S & L.

@RazorBlade Just right click on a torrent in the list and you'll see the General tab. Here you get the option of adding more trackers. Remember to separate each tracker with a blank line!

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
sometimes this may happen because you may have set a very low upload speed. Remember that the torrent community thrives on sharing, you can't just keep downloading without uploading anything. If everyone starts to think this way, bittirrent will die within days. think of this, if you download 1 GB and upload 100 MB, somewhere in the world there must be a person who downloaded 100 MB but uploaded 1 GB. so don't set your up speed too low, atleast keep it at 50 KBps if you have a 2mbps. connection.

OP
a_to_z123

a_to_z123

Dear I've done just that, and I make most of my torrents upto a ratio of 0.9 or 1.

And that's irrelevant in this case, coz the speed is slow right from the starting of the download.

PS I've already set my upload speed at 100 KBps!

RBX

In the zone
@RazorBlade Just right click on a torrent in the list and you'll see the General tab. Here you get the option of adding more trackers. Remember to separate each tracker with a blank line!

Adding trackers to my list is a np.

I created a torrent and added only *some* trackers to the list, then I uploaded it to a site and then another site, now I have more trackers available. I want to add them to original torrent so that anyone downloading that torrent gets those trackers in their list.

zoras

Right off the assembly line
@a_to_z123
i use "utorrent speed up pro". this s/w not only makes more p2p connections but also speeds up dw process by queueing the upcoming file parts to download, (that's like reserving ur seat from the seeders in advance) and utorrent doesn't have this feature.

link

other utorrent optimization tips:

*filesharefreak.com/2008/04/02/tips-to-optimize-utorrent-download-speeds/#comment-38905

*www.techsupportalert.com/content/optimizing-torrent-speed.htm

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Torrents with huge number of seeders & leechers give extremely slow speed while downloading, and those with comparatively very few or limited number give extremely high speeds.
It can be due to RIAA,some of the torrents that u see with large no of seeders are fake seeders created bye RIAA, so you are connecting to these fake ones and nothing gets downloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom