Unpredictable Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
I have a HP desktop with Pentium D. I also Upgraded it with a Graphics card of ASUS GeForce 6200. It was working fine until i installed a new harddrive SATA 250GB. After that it began to show sudddenly that monitor was sleeping and computer used to hang. It happens when any graphic intensive work is done. and after leaving it for some time it again works for few hours. i tried to check it by keeping the cabinet open but to no avail. got the graphics card checked but no problems there. after the problem starts the monitor sleeps in just five minutes if i restart again. computer is working fine if i take out the card and use the internal card with my motherboard. is the problem overheating or is it in the PCI slot.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
most probably its PSU problem:wink:, the HP PSU is not sufficient enough for powering a Gfx. Card & the 250GB HDD:wink:

HP comes with a PSU whose output is enough JUST for m/b & only one HDD.:wink:

i own HP Pavilion Desktop a1210in, its PSU's max. output is 250Watts.

check your PC's PSU, & try with a bit more powerful PSU.

& this HP cabinets is very small & has only one Fan (rear). so heat can be a problem too.

Direct Download-> Speed Fan v4.31

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
shashanktyagi1 said:
I have a HP desktop with Pentium D. I also Upgraded it with a Graphics card of ASUS GeForce 6200. It was working fine until i installed a new harddrive SATA 250GB. After that it began to show sudddenly that monitor was sleeping and computer used to hang. It happens when any graphic intensive work is done. and after leaving it for some time it again works for few hours. i tried to check it by keeping the cabinet open but to no avail. got the graphics card checked but no problems there. after the problem starts the monitor sleeps in just five minutes if i restart again. computer is working fine if i take out the card and use the internal card with my motherboard. is the problem overheating or is it in the PCI slot.
Change your SMPS or PSU. Same Problem with my computer when i had the following load with a 200W AT PSU/SMPS:

p3 500mhz
10gb+40gb
sony cdrw
hp cdrw
other motherboard loads(modem, sound, graphics, etc.)

After Changing the SMPS/PSU, my comp. became very fast!!!

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
any idead how much will it cost me? to buy a new psu. and of what level should i buy. cause i may also be upgrading my graphics card in near future.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@shashanktyagi1 did you monitor the Temps.???

SMPS
Zebronics- 400 watts 24 PIN ( 915) = Rs.475/-
Zebronics - 360W Pure- Platinum Srs = Rs.1600/-
(prices @ Chennai)

you can go for either these or other brands like PowerSafe, VIP & if you got mo' money go for Antec, Corsair...

NOTE- Zebronics PSU's Fan makes lots of noise.

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
well right now i have smps of 300 W. the one of 450W of intex is for 600. there are no big brands here in varanasi. i cant wait till i get back to lucknow. before i buy i just want to make sure that prob is not with my PCI slot. any way to do that? and how is intex? i plan to buy it today by 6 pm so please reply soon.
teamperature is 34-35 C. teamp1, teamp 2:54C
in speedfan.

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
shashanktyagi1 said:
well right now i have smps of 300 W. the one of 450W of intex is for 600. there are no big brands here in varanasi. i cant wait till i get back to lucknow. before i buy i just want to make sure that prob is not with my PCI slot. any way to do that? and how is intex? i plan to buy it today by 6 pm so please reply soon.
teamperature is 34-35 C. teamp1, teamp 2:54C
in speedfan.
ravi_9793 said:
U have got wrong price.Even cabinet with SMPS (450 W)..wont cost so much.
my engineer gave me for the same price. it is not loacl

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
first experiment with any of your friend's PSU, to make sure the PSU is problem, coz still you havent mentioned the "TEMPARATURE" part.

you maybe facing a temp. related issue too:-|

also try this online "POWER CONSUMPTION CALCULATOR"

assasin

Banned
See if u can find iBall or Frontech.they r a tad better than Intex.i had a very bad xperience with Intex,had to send it for servicing 3 times in 2 months.My present iBall is performing OK.

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
my frnds also have of same wattage. had the prob again so removed graphics card. now working fine. also my computer has become little slow after the second harddisk. temperature i swell below 40 always. mean 36-37, 67-68.
the online calci showing 380 watt needed. now will be buying from lucknow so please give exact price of any 500+ watt smpc. budget around 2000

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
ask Gx_Saurav for Lucknow shops & prices:D

for the slow system, check the HDD cables, coz you might have loosened them while removing Gfx. card:wink: & if possible remove one of the HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom