UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUMEerror , IS the HDD finished ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huzefa

Journeyman
Hi guys , I got this error once "UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME". As I was going to buy a new HDD anyway , I simply made the new one master with win xp sp2 on it . Thne I accessed my old drive , the one with the UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME , and transferred all my data from this one to the new one.. Now what I want to know is , IS the old HDD spoilt or can I remove the partitions and reformat it ? OR should I replace it , its a samsung 7200 rpm , with a 3 year warranty , so Its in warranty period , What Should I do , Keep it or Replace it , WILL it be reliable now ? thnkx . Huzefa.

choudang

Padawan
not yet.... you have to enter the repair of Win XP setup.... will you plz search the same topic... you will get the soln

choudang

Padawan
not yet means not yet... as per your qns "IS the old HDD spoilt"

*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q297185

try to increase the search:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34659

OP
H

Huzefa

Journeyman
Thankx for your reply . What I meant is Is this a hardware problem or just a software problem , A software problem can be rectified by the links above or removing partitions and reformatting , but a hardware problem , Obvioulsy I'll have to discard the HDD and send for replacement as it comes with 3 yrs guarantee. Also What is a stack problem in a HDD ?

choudang

Padawan
i think, u didn't get all the lines from the links that i have provided...... UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME is not a specific hardware problem..... if you already transfered al lthe data to your new HDD... just make a quick format for C: in your Old HDD.......

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
this dose not alway mean that harddisk is gone
since u have backed up the data
u can download hdd scaning utility from your hdd manufacture
in 99% of that software recovers the hdd as in service centers the do
this step first (as 99% of hdd problems could be corrected through s/w )
if that dose do u the good
take it to service center and they will give u the refurbrished one (they will tk atleat 2 weeks )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom