unidentified game??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
hi.... i know its silly but i have a query to make... i used to play a dos game 6-7 years back... now i don't remember its name but want to play it... i'll give u some hints... if u have watched T2, then in that the boy "john connor" in the starting goes with his friend into a game lounge & plays a game in which lines are coming from the top of the screen & one has to aim at them & blat them away before reaching them to the ground... plz help me & thnx if u do.....

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
yeah yeah..................... tht flight simlulation kinda game...... i also used to play it on that "history-thing" samurai video game console.....

ru talking about this.....????

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
that reminds me ....
has anybody here played .. Where in the World in Carmen Sandiego?
I loved that game ...
very old dos game ..

rohanbee

Padawan
technomodel said:
are you talking about paratrooper?
No i think it was called space invaders or something like that....
.......paratroopers was also like that but was much slower and had these chaps with parachutes opening up and once they landed on the ground they blew up your Anti-aircraft guns........

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
"The video game John Connor is playing at The Galleria is Missile Command, a game where you are supposed to stop nuclear missiles from hitting cities."

*imdb.com/title/tt0103064/trivia

there are a lot of clones of that game too , many available on atari ROM sites . u can use emulators to play them on the computer . they come in really small sizes per ROM . many sites offer them for free . around 400 .bin games files come to around just 4mb

rohanbee

Padawan
Oh man i used to love ATARI,,, anyone else over here ever owned one of these systems?? it was such a hit with my friends when i bought it ..........gwad can't even remember when i bought it ..........

There was this one game where these weird shapes were supposed to be two boxers trying to punch each other out. Me and my bro spent countless hours playing it against each other with the stick like joysticks. :D

indrajit

Journeyman
@tweety: Two games came to my mind. 1)Space Invaders 2)Missile Command <--checkout these links to see if there the ones!

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
now with so many names u will be confused more than b4 :p

BTW if possibel try to put up the mission needed to be done etc etc :D

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
rohanbee said:
Oh man i used to love ATARI,,, anyone else over here ever owned one of these systems?? :D

had one enjoyed every minute of it ;) . joysticks were fun and simple . gameplay was good for most , it went on and on and onnnnnnnnnn

still got a working piece , don't have the joysticks though :( .

still play some occasionally . i could never finish pitfall and river raid though

rohanbee

Padawan
For all you lovers of the 1978 classic SpAcE InVaDeRs here are some screenshots of the latest verison from Activision....

*www.psxextreme.com/scripts/scrs/scr.asp?scrid=30

Enjoy :p History of space invaders......by a fanatic like myself

Space Invaders arrived on the scene in 1978. In Japan there was a Yen shortage and many stores and shops converted into Space Invader parlours overnight to cash in on the craze. It was not unheard of for some shop keepers to erect giant speaker systems outside their shops blasting the what was to become familiar thudding sound of ever advancing Invaders.

The game was designed and programmed by a certain Mr Toshihiro Nishikado.
The game was licensed from Taito by Midway. There were several sequels to it as well - Space Invaders Part II, Deluxe and Super Space Invaders 91 there was also a cocktail table version.

Many rip off versions where made about this time to cash in on the craze. Atari at this same time had brought out the VCS Home Console System. It was not selling too well until Atari negotiated with Taito for exclusive home rights to Space Invaders. Atari went on to produce a brilliant version in February 1980.

People then bought the console simply to play Space Invaders. Half a million cartridges were sold in Britain alone in that year. The home version had an incredible 112 variations on the theme. Rick Mauer the programmer of the game received, it is rumoured only $11,000, the game went on to gross more then $100 million, not surprisingly Rick left Atari suffering "programmers burnout" and an empty pocket.

*img64.exs.cx/img64/7820/spaceinvadersshot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom