Staff member
Admin
Created from this Source thread: Free stuff during lockdown megathread

This is a collection of everything you can access for free during the lockdown
  • Byju's is giving free learn from home classes for students

Last edited by a moderator:

quicky008

Technomancer
Wow out of all the things, Byju's is giving something free ? Do not accept even if they are. its a very unethical company, which targets vulnerable parents and guilt them into paying a premium.

True,I heard Byjus recruits engg. graduates from colleges under the pretext of offering them lucrative jobs with really high salaries(20-30k or more per month).But very few students who join their company actually manage to last more than a few months due to unethical target based job requirements(which they very conveniently don't mention at the time of conducting recruitment drives) that they follow and tremendous work pressure which very few individuals can actually put up with.AFAIK most of their "so-called" jobs revolves around hoodwinking clueless parents into buying their "courses"(or whatever it is that they call them) by paying huge premiums and only those candidates who manage to do that successfully are allowed to stay at their company.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yes their practices are very unethical, both for their employees as well as their customers.
Only real winners in the company are the management. Ill stop here, don't want to veer this thread to offtopic

quicky008

Technomancer
has anyone heard about this coaching institute called white hat jr?Their ads are popping up all over the web,including popular sites like FB and youtube.

According to their propaganda,any candidate that enrolls for their courses will become a programming champion,and may even end up becoming the next Bill gates or Steve jobs!!

They also dubiously claim that people who took up coding from a very early age like Steve jobs(who AFAIK handled the business side of things at Apple,but was never involved in any sort of coding related tasks)usually become highly successful.

This is looking like another byjus in the making.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
has anyone heard about this coaching institute called white hat jr?Their ads are popping up all over the web,including popular sites like FB and youtube.
Yeah, I saw a tv commercial too. It went like several businessmen & businesswomen were fighting over to invest in a app that a small child has coded, and the parents of that child were proudly telling this story to a neighbor. So, yeah this one's definitely like byjus, forcing gullible parents (which is the majority of parents, bcoz of how they are sensitive towards giving their child "the best") to buy their package, without any ethics.

For study of students , honestly I found the "free" khanacadmey to be the best, and perhaps the only option. What do you think?

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Byju's has invested 300million usd in whitehat jr and they also have roped celebrities like sonu sood, farah khan to endorse them. (There ad's appear frequently in youtube. But i don't like byjus business model feeding on the gullible parents.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Byju's has invested 300million usd in whitehat jr and they also have roped celebrities like sonu sood, farah khan to endorse them. (There ad's appear frequently in youtube. But i don't like byjus business model feeding on the gullible parents.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
No one does, they want to make drones out of kids. All they care about is money. They don't even care about their own employees

Æsoteric Positron

Byju's has invested 300million usd in whitehat jr and they also have roped celebrities like sonu sood, farah khan to endorse them.
Oo that explains soo much.

But i don't like byjus business model feeding on the gullible parents.
No one does, they want to make drones out of kids. All they care about is money. They don't even care about their own employees
Yes, but the main problem is many parents don't even wanna listen that the company is just extorting money from them. There ain't just parents who fall into the trap, many students join these "free" classes just cause they are desperate. The covid19 hasn't helped much in that regard. I myself haven't seen any good "free classes" except khanacademy ( which is not laser focused on Indian curriculum) to give 'em a alternative........................

Nerevarine

Incarnate
There's really no get-smart-quick scheme that works.. most of the parents that fall for this crap are the ones that don't have notable educational background themselves. these byjus etc peddle the crap and exploit FOMO from parents.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
This is certainly not true(imo). According to me if a parent is more educated but is unable to give time/effort to his child's education, he is significantly more likely to fall for this crap.
I framed the opinion after speaking to an IIT Kanpur professor who is a relative of mine. I asked him if what he thinks of Byjus and the "modern education" thing.
His only reply was there was what I wrote above. Parents working in the academic field are less likely to send their kids to byjus or other crap, typically professors, researchers etc.. Me thinks

quicky008

Technomancer
Byjus actively recruits students from btech colleges under the guise of offering them outrageously high paying jobs eg 10L pa, 8L pa and so on but this is in fact a big lie.

Their jobs are like those that are typically seen in the sales/marketing sector and are target based. Also their targets tend to be impossibly high, so much so that no sane person can hope to achieve them in the allotted time frame.And thus 90 % of the clueless candidates who join their company are never able to get the promised high pay packages and are instead paid peanuts for their efforts, unbeknownst to everyone.

I don't understand why the first instinct of every typical Indian businessman is to make money by scamming/cheating his countrymen. And people who can do that efficiently tend to become highly successful in their line of work(while honest hard-working men live from hand to mouth).

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Byjus actively recruits students from btech colleges under the guise of offering them outrageously high paying jobs eg 10L pa, 8L pa and so on but this is in fact a big lie.

Their jobs are like those that are typically seen in the sales/marketing sector and are target based. Also their targets tend to be impossibly high, so much so that no sane person can hope to achieve them in the allotted time frame.And thus 90 % of the clueless candidates who join their company are never able to get the promised high pay packages and are instead paid peanuts for their efforts, unbeknownst to everyone.

I don't understand why the first instinct of every typical Indian businessman is to make money by scamming/cheating their countrymen. And people who can do that efficiently tend to become highly successful in their line of work.
Its a dog eat dog world, ease of doing business in india is lowest. So the only easy alternative is to eat the other people

Æsoteric Positron

Oh, you seem to know this stuff, the thought never came to my mind that in biju's not only ruin parents and students but also their teachers. That's really sad. Its like this company is run by robots, the only difference being , robots probably have more humanity than them.
I don't understand why the first instinct of every typical Indian businessman is to make money by scamming/cheating their countrymen. And people who can do that efficiently tend to become highly successful in their line of work.
The instinct of most businessmen's are to cheat and make money, the only difference between Indian business men is the can get away with it. Authorities either don't care or are corrupted away and even new channels consider bringing "death of a single actor" in limelight more important than suffering of thousands.
Its a dog eat dog world, ease of doing business in india is lowest. So the only easy alternative is to eat the other people
Yeah this is can also be a factor. Newcomers are shooed away and only the hard-hearted can thrive.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Byjus has a very powerful PR strategy too. Any post in popular social networking channels vilifying or asking too many questions are taken down. I remember there was a very recent video on reddit which was taken down by Byjus PR agency. Another guy's YouTube account got terminated because he was refuting claims by byjus. They even have taken down someone on LinkedIn.

quicky008

Technomancer
^this is also compounded by the fact that india's labour laws are practically non-existent or are never enforced properly.Thus employers have the free reign over their recruits and are able to exploit them in any way they see fit.

quicky008

Technomancer
Byjus has a very powerful PR strategy too. Any post in popular social networking channels vilifying or asking too many questions are taken down. I remember there was a very recent video on reddit which was taken down by Byjus PR agency. Another guy's YouTube account got terminated because he was refuting claims by byjus. They even have taken down someone on LinkedIn.

How are they able to do that?Looks like they are well connected and have some powerful ministers/officials in their pockets who always do their bidding.

And the worst part of it is that even large privately owned companies like Microsoft and Google are colluding with these fraudsters and actively removing potential naysayers/whistleblowers from the equation by readily suspending or taking down their accounts.I have never heard of someone's linkedin account being taken down because of some reason as stupid as questioning the integrity of some company.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
How are they able to do that?Looks like they are well connected and have some powerful ministers/officials in their pockets who always do their bidding.

And the worst part of it is that even large privately owned companies like Microsoft and Google are colluding with these fraudsters and actively removing potential naysayers/whistleblowers from the equation by readily suspending or taking down their accounts.I have never heard of someone's linkedin account being taken down because of some reason as stupid as questioning the integrity of some company.
Yes, im dumbfounded too

*entrackr.com/2020/07/linkedin-post...nt-restriction-of-aniruddha-malpanis-account/

Check this. Byjus is a modern day MLM. MLMs operate on disinformation, confusion and FOMO. Anyone educating the public is undermining their efforts. They get triggered. Im sorry I went on such a Byju crusade in a thread not related to it. Maybe we can have a thread to discuss public criticism against companies in a separate one.

Top Bottom