Unable to System Restore; Computer Admn hijacked by some one. Help Restore it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvspawaiya

Broken In
Dear Sir,

I have an HP Pavilion 760i at home which I bought in October, 2004 from Madurai, TN, India with the following configurations/ specifications:

Item Value
Computer Name YOUR-DC2F5571F1
Domain Name WORKGROUP
Site Name
Roles Workstation, Server
Description oner
Operating System Microsoft(R) Windows XP Home Edition
Manufacturer HP Pavilion 061
Model PN217AA-ACJ t760i
Serial Number INI43809G5 IN440
Asset Tag Asset-1234567890
Number Of Processors 1
Processor Description Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
Total Memory 256MB
Total Hard Drive 149GB
Display hp mx704, 15.7" (32cm x 24cm)
BIOS Version A M I - 8000427 BIOS Date: 08/27/04 13:45:15 Ver: 08.00.10 BIOS Date: 08/27/04 13:45:15 Ver: 08.00.10
User Name HP_Owner
System Uptime 0 Days, 2 Hours, 34 Minutes
Local Time 2008-03-21 16:50:41

I am encountering following problems:

1.Recently in June 2008, after taking broadband connection (Dataone), I updated my Windows XP and seeing advertisement of “Windows Live One Care” I downloaded and installed it. Norton antivirus I had removed using Norton removal tool provided by DIGIT which I am a subscriber to. Thereafter, on and off, I observed that desktop icons are not displaying properly (only empty icon frames). Then for some times, one message repeatedly kept appearing on screen “Your E or F drive is not recognized” and so on. Although I used to play CDs but inbuilt DVD drive rarely used to open DVD; normally it does not open DVD nor does it write and on inserting blank new DVDs, it always says that your DVD is not blank and insert blank DVD. Then one day thinking that culprit could be the ‘Windows Live One Care’, I uninstalled it before completion of two months trial period. I downloaded the Avast free home edition, which is working superbly. Then I updated Windows though certain downloads, by which the error message of “Your E or F drive is not recognized” has been rectified. However, HP Director has been disappeared and no more visible there. Certain other HP software are also not working properly, like Image zone and Solution centre. I also don’t find ‘Run’ tab in the start menu. Even pressing [Windows] + [R] from keyboard fetches message “This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator”. While on clicking System Restore “System restore has been turned off by group policy. To turn on your system restore, contact your domain administrator” appears. Kindly help to rectify my computer as lots of my professional work is suffering.

2. In my DVD writer, 95% of Digit DVDs are not opening al all. It occasionally opens one or two DVDs, thus depriving me from viewing and using the most useful contents. Kindly help to rectify it.

Kindly help, as many of professional photographs are lying unscanned which are required to be scanned urgently for publications and this computer ystem means a lot to me and my work. If possible, kindly send a proficient technical person to set right my system.

Hoping to get your response at the earliest

With Regards,

Dr RVS Pawaiya

Last edited by a moderator:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Re: Unable to System Restore; Computer Admn hijacked by some one. Help Restore it to

Address has been removed, please beware from posting personal details on a public medium like this forum.

And certainly you can't expect Digit to "send" someone over to your place to "Set" right your system :p Most we can do here is post replies and ideas!

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: Unable to System Restore; Computer Admn hijacked by some one. Help Restore it to

go to start>control panel>user accounts
then unselect "use the welcome screen"

now log off
then in the login prompt..type Administrator as the username and don't enter anything in the password area..
see if you can login to the default Administrator account..

OP
R

rvspawaiya

Broken In

Thank you Realdan for suggestion. I tried Realdan as suggested by you. However, it did not log on and said that Restrictions are in place in the computer. I actually got afraid that whatever, superficial work I was able to do would also be stopped. Then I entered HP_Owner in place of Adminidtrator as usually appeared and it logged on like before. But again the restrictions are there and inability to System restore and Run Tab in the start menu is not there as mentioned in my original post.

Last edited:

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz

i think you have a recovery disk provided by HP which will restore the system to factory default..but you will lose all your data on the hard disk

i expected that you have scanned the hard disk for virus, spyware, etc. did you do it??

navrajyadav

Broken In

rvspawaiya Unable to System Restore; Computer Admn hijacked by some one. Help Restore it to me.
Dear Sir,

I have an HP Pavilion 760i at home which I bought in October, 2004 from Madurai, TN, India with the following configurations/ specifications:

Item Value
Computer Name YOUR-DC2F5571F1
Domain Name WORKGROUP
Site Name
Roles Workstation, Server
Description oner
Operating System Microsoft(R) Windows XP Home Edition
Manufacturer HP Pavilion 061
Model PN217AA-ACJ t760i
Serial Number INI43809G5 IN440
Asset Tag Asset-1234567890
Number Of Processors 1
Processor Description Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
Total Memory 256MB
Total Hard Drive 149GB
Display hp mx704, 15.7" (32cm x 24cm)
BIOS Version A M I - 8000427 BIOS Date: 08/27/04 13:45:15 Ver: 08.00.10 BIOS Date: 08/27/04 13:45:15 Ver: 08.00.10
User Name HP_Owner
System Uptime 0 Days, 2 Hours, 34 Minutes
Local Time 2008-03-21 16:50:41

I am encountering following problems:

1.Recently in June 2008, after taking broadband connection (Dataone), I updated my Windows XP and seeing advertisement of “Windows Live One Care” I downloaded and installed it. Norton antivirus I had removed using Norton removal tool provided by DIGIT which I am a subscriber to. Thereafter, on and off, I observed that desktop icons are not displaying properly (only empty icon frames). Then for some times, one message repeatedly kept appearing on screen “Your E or F drive is not recognized” and so on. Although I used to play CDs but inbuilt DVD drive rarely used to open DVD; normally it does not open DVD nor does it write and on inserting blank new DVDs, it always says that your DVD is not blank and insert blank DVD. Then one day thinking that culprit could be the ‘Windows Live One Care’, I uninstalled it before completion of two months trial period. I downloaded the Avast free home edition, which is working superbly. Then I updated Windows though certain downloads, by which the error message of “Your E or F drive is not recognized” has been rectified. However, HP Director has been disappeared and no more visible there. Certain other HP software are also not working properly, like Image zone and Solution centre. I also don’t find ‘Run’ tab in the start menu. Even pressing [Windows] + [R] from keyboard fetches message “This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator”. While on clicking System Restore “System restore has been turned off by group policy. To turn on your system restore, contact your domain administrator” appears. Kindly help to rectify my computer as lots of my professional work is suffering.

2. In my DVD writer, 95% of Digit DVDs are not opening al all. It occasionally opens one or two DVDs, thus depriving me from viewing and using the most useful contents. Kindly help to rectify it.

Kindly help, as many of professional photographs are lying unscanned which are required to be scanned urgently for publications and this computer ystem means a lot to me and my work. If possible, kindly send a proficient technical person to set right my system.

Hoping to get your response at the earliest

With Regards,

Dr RVS Pawaiya

hi,

there are many software are avilable on internet which can reset the the admin password and user password its very simple it didn't take more than one minute. only u have to boot the system from cd rom

mkmkmk

In the zone

Check this if useful......

*lifehacker.com/software/windows/how-to-reset-your-windows-xp-password-137980.php

toofan

Technomancer

you can download latest combo fix and host expert.
First use the host expert. Use it carefull as I am suggesting.

• Make sure that the "make hosts writable?" button in the upper left corner is checked>>Should read 'Make Readonly'
  • Now, click on 'Backup/Restore'
  • Click 'Create Backup'>>OK>>OK
  • then click on 'Restore MS host files'>>OK
  • Finally, close HostsXpert.
Now disable avast.
Then double click on combofix.exe. follow the prompts.

next schedule a boot time scanner form Avast then restart.clean all the viruses. Now the machine is totally under your control.

this is a RAMBAAN nuskha for virus attack. All the forum members(who are not much expert in such things and are like me)can note it down. I had used this many many time with 100% success.
Combofix is a great tool to use.

Try downloading the latest version.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com

Have you done any change in hardware configuration??
If you have done, than make it to default hardware setting..and than try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom