Unable to remove memory module compartment cover (Sony VAIO SVE14112EN)

Broken In
Hi Guys.

I recently bought a Sony Vaio Laptop Model SVE14112EN.

SVE14112EN : E Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

I want to upgrade the RAM and ordered 2 Memory modules for 4GB each.

VAIO User Guide | Adding and Removing Memory Modules

Now when I open the screw of memory module compartment cover, I am not able to remove the cover. Then I removed the hard disk compartment cover and hard disk also, still I am not able to remove the memory module compartment cover. (I did not applied too much force). I am a laptop user since last 12 years and upgraded memory of many models in the past.

Has someone upgraded the memory of this model (or series). Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks.

*i46.tinypic.com/302qcth.jpg

*i48.tinypic.com/nlzy8g.jpg

*i47.tinypic.com/2pq8cxu.jpg

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I have a Vaio and its back panel is almost same. I have also opened it and added a memory module. Just look at the pic below, I have edited it a bit, you should push it that way, it doesn't requires much effort.

*i.imgur.com/JBQ6w.jpg

OP

Broken In
I have a Vaio and its back panel is almost same. I have also opened it and added a memory module. Just look at the pic below, I have edited it a bit, you should push it that way, it doesn't requires much effort.

Thanks you mate. I will try this and update this thread.

Edit: It didn't came out even after putting some extra effort and even after managing to insert a cutter and flat screw driver between cover and body from the gap from HDD side. :(

Can someone suggest me Sony Service Center in Gurgaon? Sony's website doesn't mentions any specific center for VAIO.

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Strange.

BTW Sony site does mentions about stores/Sony centres.

eg- B 139 DLF SUPERMARKET 1 PHASE IV GURGAON HARYANA - 122002

Top Bottom