Unable to locate the voice recording file

maxtor

Journeyman
I am unable to locate the voice recording file in my Nokia X2. I can see it in the file manager on my phone but not on my PC when I connect the phone.

OP
M

maxtor

Journeyman
I am unable to locate the voice recording file in my Nokia X2. I can see it in the file manager on my phone but not on my PC when I connect the phone.

I have a file manager(File Explorer) that shows the listing of folders like so:

.cr3
.gameloft
.here-maps
Alarms
Android
aquery
Audio Recorder <-(this is the one I need)
Bluetooth
Books
..and so on.

The .mp3 file of my voice recording is the the Audio Recorder folder above - as seen on File Explorer on my phone. However, when I connect my phone to the PC and open the files in the internal storage the Audio Recorder file cannot be seen. All the other folders can be seen except the Audio Recorder folder.

In fact, I also downloaded Record That Note for voice recording and the exact same issue occurs - the Recordthatnote folder can be seen on the phone's File Explorer but is invisible on the PC. It seems that voice recordings and their folders are not showing up on the PC.

I needed to transfer the voice recordings to my PC and that is why I have been doing this exercise. If anyone knows how I can find the voice recording folder on my PC, please help. I did try the search in this sub-forum but could not find this issue discussed before. I have different ways to search for it on my PC while the phone is connected but to no avail. (Have clicked into all the folders that can be seen)

By the way the voice recording has a default phone(internal storage) although I would have like to store in on the memory card. That is the second issue, but less important than the first one above.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If you connect your phone in "Mass Storage" mode, then you can only view contents of SD card on phone PC.
If you connect your phone in "MTP" mode, only then you can view the contents of Internal storage.

Anyway, some folders do tend to seem missing when the content is being viewed on PC. To get around this you have two options:
1. Copy the folder "Audio Recorder" or the contents inside it to a folder which you "can" view on PC, like "Download". And then open the folder in PC. The contents should be there.
2. Try to view the files remotely using ES File explorer. Below are steps:
  • Install ES File Explorer.
  • Open ES File Explorer.
  • Find the option "Remote Manager" and Press "Turn On" button.
  • Now on PC, open "Run" dialog box and enter the URL shown on your phone, something like, ftp://192.168.1.198:1234 in below form:
    Code:
    explorer ftp://192.168.1.198:1234
    explorer command forces it to open in Explorer, rather than browser, in which sometimes it tends to open)
  • Now you can view the contents of file wirelessly. Now attempt to view the files.

Top Bottom